Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

today i have 2 kids (vent, long-ish)

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM
  • 6 Replies

let me start by saying dh is NEVER sick, he maybe gets sick every 1-2 years so when it happens, it's horrible....for everyone. he called off work this morning so he could go to the doctor. so when i woke up i immediately called our doctor to try and get him in today. here's the problem. because nothing ever happens to him health wise (lucky bastard) he has had no reason to visit the doctor since we received our insurance 6 months ago. so when i called the doctor dd and i go too they told me because he's a new patient they cannot get him in for 2 weeks. so i set myself on a mission to find another in-network doctor that could take him today. needless to say 45 min and 26 (seriously, no exaggeration) phone calls later i am right where i started. here is why i'm aggravated, other than being shot down by doctor after doctor for 45 min: my dh is being a complete baby. he is the BIGGEST baby when he's sick, which considering how little it happens I can kind of understand but still. i have fetched him medicine, food, water, etc all day yesterday and this morning. i have been nothing but sweet to him trying to make sure he felt loved and when i tell him i'm going to go do a 15 min yoga workout he responds with "what if i need something?" i tell him it can wait 15 min to which he responds with "this is extremely selfish of you." UGHHHHH!!!! i have a very small window to get a workout in while dd eats breakfast and it's only 15 min! needless to say i may have told him to go f*** himself. i hate when he's sick, he is worse than our toddler. whining, moping, grumpy, an all around pain in my butt but i still love him and i still want to take care of him...unless he acts like a prick. and all of this on top of the fact that i decided to quit smoking yesterday. up until now, i have not had a single craving but thanks to this stressful morning i'm literally fighting to keep myself from going outside and inhaling the sweet deadly nectar that could possibly stop me from suffocating my dh with his favorite pillow. all i can say is thank god for chewing gum.

does anyone else have an SO like this? how do you keep from killing them? lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
NikiH0302
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:55 AM

LoL...my hubby is the same way when he gets sick, bc he too hardly ever get sick.  Sometimes I just wanna smack him upside the head (i don't but i want too lol).  After he seen how bad my pregnancy was (I was sick 24/7 through the whole thing) he kinda stopped complaining so much when he got sick the next time.  But it's sill like taking care of a toddler.

Purgatorian
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this

Mine also rarely gets sick.  Over the years I have found the best thing to do is:

Stock his nightstand up with pills, Kleenex, water, a small cooler with water bottles, cough drops, cold meds, some energy bars, and anything else you can think of he might need in there.  Then you make him some breakfast or lunch and LEAVE the house. 

I have the excuse of college homework so I have used that before.  Or I have an appointment with my GYN, or something I can't cancel. Something, anything to get the heck out of Dodge.

Once you're out of the house, stay out as long as possible.  Only return when it's dark and he will be asleep soon. Come home, restock his nightstand, make him another meal and go to bed.

holmes212
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:10 AM
can you take him to a med center at all since they are basically saying her doesnt have a primary
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZoeysMom11
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:13 AM

it's our fault, we should have done his intial new patient appointment a while ago so that when this happens we can get right in. we're heading to urgent care after dd's nap (he wants to wait until then). we were trying to avoid urgent care because it's a $50 co-pay but we have to do what we have to do. i just need to him better so i don't hurt him lol

Quoting holmes212:

can you take him to a med center at all since they are basically saying her doesnt have a primary

holmes212
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:16 AM
id also check to make sure ins will cover it because sometimes if you go during business hours for the doc ofc ins wont cover it. so you may have to call and ask the doc ofc and make sure.

Quoting ZoeysMom11:

it's our fault, we should have done his intial new patient appointment a while ago so that when this happens we can get right in. we're heading to urgent care after dd's nap (he wants to wait until then). we were trying to avoid urgent care because it's a $50 co-pay but we have to do what we have to do. i just need to him better so i don't hurt him lol

Quoting holmes212:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:55 PM

Oh no! Hope he gets better soon!

Thankfully, my DH is wonderful when he's sick. I try to mother him but he always refuses because he "doesn't want to be a burden" He usually just sleeps in the bedroom with the door closed and I keep DD outside (playground, walks, etc) so we don't need to be quiet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)