Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is omission a lie

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
  • 13 Replies
I parented the kids without telling you, I bought stuff on eBay. I don't mean buying candy or putting gas in the car.

Stuff in the bedroom or family matters.

Is omission a lie?

And should you trust him if he does it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Not telling your partner anything that they would expect or want you to tell them is lying. If you would be mad if the situation was reversed then you're doing the wrong thing. Anything you have to hide is bad for a relationship. Regardless of what it is. I never buy anything that costs more than five bucks without taking to my husband first, but that's just my preference. I also didn't start giving my son time outs until I had discussed it with him.
Eta your least question. No you shouldn't trust someone who is lying to you, unless they're willing to work on the relationship and earn it back.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dee0886
by Bronze Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Yes I believe it is.
boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Yes, it is. Purposefully hiding something is as bad as outright lying, and i would have a hard time trusting him. 

TexanMomOf6
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:31 PM

It is a lie. I was married to a gem that liked to give bits and pieces of the truth in a way that the listener would come up with the incorrect conclusion. The one HE preferred. He would always say he didn't lie and it wasn't HIS fault someone came up with the wrong idea. It is manipulative and deceitful. If it was important to know, I would have to ask a million questions. They had to be worded correctly in order to find out the TRUTH. He is an EX...

If your DH is doing things and not telling you, you have to look at the WHY. Is he not used to being married? Is he feeling controlled and is rebelling? does he think since he is the Man of the house he shouldn't have to tell you or talk to you about? Is this something new? There are other possibilities too.

AvonCrystal
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Yes, I believe omission is a lie.  I would have a hard time trusting him because I would feel like I always needed to ask a million very specific questions to get the whole truth from him.  Who wants to live like that?

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 16, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Yes it is, that's why they have the term "lie by omission" It's dishonesty

YVONNE

MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:20 PM

There's a reason for the phrase "lie by omission"

jmjdj
by Bronze Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 1:34 PM

If they are cheating on you for months but you never specifically ask the question and they just don't tell you, would you consider it a lie??

Buying candy or soda for the kiddo and not telling me is no big deal, but some things I believe are in fact lies even if not spoken.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Yes

starreyedcutie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Yes its a lie
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)