Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I got the scare of my life tonight. 2nd update

Posted by   + Show Post
I was in the livingroom with my sd. My Dd was in the shower/doing hair. Then next thing I know I hear her yelling "Mom" "get mom". I ran to the bathroom to find my dh passed out on the floor. He came to when I was asking him if he was ok. He had no clue he fell. He then started vomiting and I saw a big red spot on the back of his head. He could not walk or feel his finger tips. The nurse line told me to call 911 immediately. I just drove him in.
We just got home. They said he was dehydrated and has a virus. But I'm still worried because he hit his head and was unconscious, disorintaded, and vomiting. All signs of a concussion and they didn't even address that.
Update
I took him in. they did some more test. No concussion but is still really dehydrated. But he is awake and sorta moving. But still not eating.
Update #2
He is feeling much better. Still having some issues. If he gets upset or over worked he gets dizzy to the point he thinks he might pass out. But on the bright side he is eatting again and can walking on his own.:) It's just going to take some time now. We will see how work goes tomorrow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Replies (31-38):
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 3:48 PM
As long as he's not by himself, you don't have to worry about that. You're with him.

Quoting Lorena:

Ya that is one of my biggest fears. Passing out/falling with no one around.

Quoting polkaspots:

Moodiness could just have been a side effect of him being sick. As long as you make sure he eats and keeps hydrated, he should be fine. It's a good thing he wasn't in the bathroom by himself, and that your daughter came and got you immediately. I pass out, and its very dangerous to do so alone. I hope he gets better soon, and that you get some sleep tonight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:07 PM

Oh man. That is super scary. Hope everything is ok. Please keep us updated

JenniferSq
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:58 PM
So glad there is no concussion. Hope he feels better really soon.
ilovemyrileybug
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Wow, so scary! Stay up and watch over him. Losing sleep sucks but it'll be worth it.
Lorena
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Ya I haven't been able to sleep in 2 days hopefully I can sleep tonight.

Quoting ilovemyrileybug:

Wow, so scary! Stay up and watch over him. Losing sleep sucks but it'll be worth it.
exhaustedmother
by Amy on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:22 AM

That is scary. I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

JJsmommy4evr
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Prayers
MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Hope he is feeling better!!

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN