Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

I got the scare of my life tonight. 2nd update

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 38 Replies
I was in the livingroom with my sd. My Dd was in the shower/doing hair. Then next thing I know I hear her yelling "Mom" "get mom". I ran to the bathroom to find my dh passed out on the floor. He came to when I was asking him if he was ok. He had no clue he fell. He then started vomiting and I saw a big red spot on the back of his head. He could not walk or feel his finger tips. The nurse line told me to call 911 immediately. I just drove him in.
We just got home. They said he was dehydrated and has a virus. But I'm still worried because he hit his head and was unconscious, disorintaded, and vomiting. All signs of a concussion and they didn't even address that.
Update
I took him in. they did some more test. No concussion but is still really dehydrated. But he is awake and sorta moving. But still not eating.
Update #2
He is feeling much better. Still having some issues. If he gets upset or over worked he gets dizzy to the point he thinks he might pass out. But on the bright side he is eatting again and can walking on his own.:) It's just going to take some time now. We will see how work goes tomorrow.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
villagemamma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:30 AM

OMG how terrifying! i hope he gets better soon. That would scare me to death. Take good care of him tonight

Lorena
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:32 AM
He is sleeping next to me. I can't sleep.
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:40 AM
Times like that I watch over him like I do the kids hopefully you can get in contact with his primary care dr in the am
Lorena
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM
Ya im going to call in the AM. For now he is snoring really loud and thats not like him but at least I know he is breathing.

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Times like that I watch over him like I do the kids hopefully you can get in contact with his primary care dr in the am
littlecheifsmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Glad he's ok. Hopefully u get better answers at the Dr.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:09 AM
Wow so scary! I can't believe they weren't concern about him hitting his head? ((Hugs))
Lorena
by Silver Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:12 AM
Me too! But my mom thinks there is more because he snapped on me earlier and we never fight. She think that could be part of what ever is going on with him.

Quoting Hottmomma607:

Wow so scary! I can't believe they weren't concern about him hitting his head? ((Hugs))
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 2:27 AM
Moodiness could just have been a side effect of him being sick. As long as you make sure he eats and keeps hydrated, he should be fine. It's a good thing he wasn't in the bathroom by himself, and that your daughter came and got you immediately. I pass out, and its very dangerous to do so alone. I hope he gets better soon, and that you get some sleep tonight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Laronda367
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 4:11 AM

wow scary watch him! and pray..

2lilmamas
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:34 AM
I suggest you take to a physician and just state that he his head and has a constant. Maybe he bet reffered to get a mri. That way you can both have piece of mind.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)