Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Getting dh to try new things

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:33 AM
  • 22 Replies
Non sexual. Like camping. I have loved camping since I was a kid. Dh is a city boy to the fullest give me a tent and some stars and a kayak and I am a happy lady. So I guess how do I bring the city man to the wilderness side.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2lilmamas
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:36 AM
Have you ever suggested the idea. Tell him it would something great to try out together.
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:38 AM
I have. I think I am saying the wrong thing because I am like nature is beautiful and swimming in lakes is awesome and I think all he is hearing is Charlie browns teachers voice when I talk about camping because he is just like no without experiencing it

Quoting 2lilmamas:

Have you ever suggested the idea. Tell him it would something great to try out together.

2lilmamas
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Well tell him you like him to take the chance to try out something he has not done.before. Tell him to spontanious and try it.. He might actually enjoy if he gave it the chance.
beeky
by Alexandra on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:01 AM

Ask him to do something you want to do and then the next time he gets to choose something he wants to do.

JLah
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:39 AM

Tell him how relaxing it is. Oh camping is when I get my best sleep.

chillemi78
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 6:48 AM
Maybe suggest renting a cabin in the woods. You can enjoy all the activities of camping, but he still has the comforts of electricity and running water and a real bed at night.
And if he agrees, even if he has a bad time, make sure he knows how much you appreciate him for trying something new, so it might lead to other new things. And agree to do things he likes that you don't so there is a balance. Good luck!
MamaMorgan0709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:24 AM

It took me 6 years to get my husband to go camping. We just went 2 weeks ago. He loved it.   

We just went one night because it was the kids first time. We were about 5 miles from home.  Dh and kids have been asking when we can go again. 

alexislovesjr
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:39 AM

All the time

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Maybe suggest it to him. Start out renting a camper maybe if he doesn't like the idea of sleeping in a tent right away. We are going to do that this summer just because I have 2 toddlers and I think keeping them in a camper will be a little easier right now and use a tent in a few years. I'm with you, I love camping and being in nature. It's a little harder convincing him tho. Hope your hubby is up for it! You can find camper rentals online. Maybe he would like staying in a cabin.

mommadana
by on Apr. 19, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Get an air mattress and a campfire grill set and add it to your normal camping gear and there ya go.  There are also camping areas that have ammenities (bathrooms and such) that are not too far away from home (depending where you live) and hopefully that will move him to the roughing it side.

Dana      you rock 

weddingcountdown.com

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)