Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How has your hair routine changed since becoming a mom?

Cafe AmyB
Yesterday at 11:38 AM
Advice for Moms Group - CafeMom

Share parenting and relationship advice, recipes, baby names and everything from potty training to weight loss tips.

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 50 Replies

Hi ladies,

How has your hair routine changed since becoming a mom?

busy mom

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:48 AM

shorter almost wash & wear style. Love it.

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 10:54 AM
It hasn't. I've always just pulled it back.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Before being a mom it would take me two hours to do my makeup and curl my hair. After becoming a mom I learned how to curl my hair and do my makeup in about 1/2 hour.

Before being a mom and actually almost until my kids were grown up  I would go to the salon every 2 months or so and have to sit in  the chair for 3 hours at a time while they hand painted 3 different shades of blonde all over small group of strands at a time and then get a trim.

Finally about 5 1/2 yrs ago my husband and kids talked me into getting my hair colored my natural hair color and then just letting it grow out into my natural brunette hair color, to mysurprise my husband and our kids all liked it a lot better and it was a lot cheaper and a lot easier and a lot less time consuming and lower maintenance and healthier for my hair. I recently asked hubby if he misses the blonde bc I could easily go back to it and he gave an enthusiastic NO he prefers the brunette. As long as he feels that way I won't have to color my hair  again until I eventually start getting grays\. I'm over 45 now and none yet so , so far so good. But when I do get grays I will get it colored as close to my natural brown as possible.

YVONNE

Anryan
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:23 AM

lol no i have always been the pony tail and go tomboy type lol

MommyBee12808
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:26 AM
Before my daughter was born, my beauty routine took nearly 3 hours. I washed my hair twice a day, put my make up on,and done my hair. Now, I just throw it up in a ponytail throw on jeans, a T-shirt and tennis shoes and I'm done in 5 minutes.
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 29, 2013 at 11:55 AM

I kept long hair then after kids it varied from short to long! Now its just short&manageable!

charity62
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:39 PM

not at all

3girlskdpreno
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 7:09 PM

NORMALLY A MESSY PONYTAIL! I NEED A MAKE OVER! A little boost after I have my baby in july (3rd babygirl 3 years in a row! 2010, 2012, DUE 2013!!!!!

in lovestorkbaby girltoddler girl

Vipergirl22
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Not really. I have always pulled it back or put in a bun. I am letting it grow out now so it gets in the way.

newwifenmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:07 AM

In short its quicker. I try to wear styles that do not require much maintenance; I also have less money to put towards hair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN