Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Destined to fail

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM
  • 39 Replies

Have you ever just looked at a couples relationship/marriage and known that it didnt stand a chance?

What was it about them that made you think that?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Zazayam
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Yeah, my brother and his wife.

They fight constantly, cheat on each other, are both so emotionally and verbally and physically abusive... Liars.. Hm, you name it and it's wrong with their relationship.

They're both GREAT people but when they're together they turn into complete trash.

Zazayam
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM

My edit button never works, I wanted to add...

They might make it I guess, they've been together for 8yrs or so, married for almost 4. They've been like this since about a month into their relationship, so apparently they like it? I don't know. Never understood why/how they're still together or why they married.

villagemamma
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM
1 mom liked this

my sis and her DH are the same way. they are both great people individually but it is just apparent to everyone else around them that they arent meant to be. They both make each other miserable are two completely different people with very conflicting personalities. its a very very rare occasion to have them in the same room without bickering and snide underhanded comments going back and forth.

Quoting Zazayam:

Yeah, my brother and his wife.

They fight constantly, cheat on each other, are both so emotionally and verbally and physically abusive... Liars.. Hm, you name it and it's wrong with their relationship.

They're both GREAT people but when they're together they turn into complete trash.

CafeMom Tickers
anotherandree
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Sometimes.  We have a couple friend that have zero things in common.  They don't like the same foods, TV, movies, music, pastimes, anything.  I really have to wonder how they have stayed married this long.  I think it is because they are both very commited to their faith and do not believe in divorce.

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:21 AM

My sister and her boyfriend. He has cheated on her constantly, physically and verbally abused her, been arrested, and is just a low-life piece of crap. They seem to break up every other week.

preacherskid
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM

I have seen relationships that looked iron clad, and one problem comes along, poof.  Others, you wonder how these people ever managed to pass the time of day and they have survived through hell and high water.  Some are a given, others just make you scratch your head.

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:46 AM

One of my older brothers g/f was awful. She treated him so bad and she acted like she was a damn princess and miss perfect. Oooohh I hated her! Thankfully they're not together anymore! He finally is engaged to a wonderful woman that deserves him as much as he deserves her. They both are so kind and all around wonderful ppl. 

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM
One the girl was 17 and a serial cheater, the guy incredibly stupidly immature and going into the army. Lasted six months.

Another they were both non functioning alcoholics.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM

There have been a few.. 

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Quite a few... and I'm pretty good on saying that they won't last past a certain time and have about a 95% accuracy on this! LOL It's like a competition between me and a few of my friends. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)