Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Renewing our vows question

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM
  • 12 Replies
DH and I didn't really have a wedding, really long story that I don't want to type out. So our plan was to renew our vows on our 5th wedding anniversary with our family and friends. The thing is, my mom is graduating college 12 days before our anniversary and all of our family from California and Maryland will be in Arkansas for that. I know that they won't stick around 12 days for our vow renewal, so would it be weird to do it a couple days before our anniversary?
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jett286
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I don't think it's weird to do it before.  It's about timing and the actual words the exact day doesn't have to match.  We are celebrating our 25th and having a party and it will be 4 days after our actual anniversary...

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I think everyone would understand. I don't plan on having our vow renewal on the exact anniversary date either.

beeky
by Alexandra on Apr. 21, 2013 at 6:32 AM

It doesn't have to be on your anniversary.  I'm re-newing my vows this summer, my anniversary is on July 9th but this year it falls on a Tuesday so we are doing it Saturday the 6th instead.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:42 AM

Nope.

Have a blast!! We did our vow renewal last summer for our 10yr. 

MeghMirab
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:33 AM

No that wouldn't be weird at all. If you can get it a day when they're all there that would be great. I'd confirm with your mom that it would OK to have it the day of/around her special day also. Maybe the day before or after? Everyone loves a celebration! 

Jstoddard98
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Not at all

MomInATreeStand
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 4:45 PM
Absolutely do it then. Vow renewals are for renewing your commitment and love for each other. It does not have to be on the same date as your anniversary tho most people choose for it to be then. It's your renewal... Do it whenever you want!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JTnJT
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 5:37 PM

We are planning on doing our vow renewal on the anniversary of the day we actually officially got together....which is 5 months before our actual marriage anniversary date.

EvilAsh
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 7:02 PM

It would't be weird, I don't think. My husband and I are doing the same. We live in NC and family is from Mass and NH. Our anniversary is on a Tuesday, but we're going to do it the weekend before or after so people can come. We didn't have a wedding either, and want to do it right. Saving up money so it would end up being our 3rd wedding anniversary, almost 10 together then.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

MMerrill
by Melissa on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM

I think it would be perfectly fine!  Then you guys can go on a hot date to celebrate on the real day :O)

wedding countdown

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)