Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why do some woman call their Husband/boyfriend Daddy???

Posted by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM
  • 130 Replies
There is a girl on my Facebook who calles her husband Daddy. They have 3 kids together and I get when your talking to your kids you'll say something like "go ask Daddy" instead of "go ask your daddy." But when this girl posts stuff she'll say things like "Daddy I miss you, can't wait to get home" "thanks Daddy for the flowers" stuff like that.

I think it's weird, I could NEVER call my fiancé Daddy. Why do woman do this????
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Loveavision
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM
We're expecting our first baby, and I call my SO Daddy. He thinks it's cute.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this
They just like it. My husband calls me mommy sometimes, but usually when referring to something he's pretending the baby is saying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
briebaby123
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:01 AM
2 moms liked this

Depends sometimes...I normally just call him "Daddy" when it's for the baby...but who knows, maybe in a few years we'll be calling each other Mommy and Daddy out of habit...something like, "Baby" and "Honey"

mommieof38829
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:03 AM
I call my dh daddy all the time
ZanderandBella
by Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Sometimes daddy is the only thing that gets his attention lol! So I do call him daddy sometimes :)

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this
If the person doesn't have children I find it weird. But I call my hubby daddy sometimes when I'm talking with my son.
MeghMirab
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I call my husband Daddy a lot. It's his favorite nickname so why not? I guess I'm just used to calling him that infront of our 3 year old, it just comes out. While getting his attention I will say "Daddy" instead of his name. That usually gets him to pay attention a lot faster I've noticed. lol (: I also call him other things... sweetie, darling, honey etc. Obviously I don't think it's weird. I think it's weird people call their s/o baby daddy/baby momma, pookie bear, snookums etc. But I don't care, to each their own. 

beeky
by Alexandra on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:35 AM
5 moms liked this

Personally, I think it's creepy.

boshs1andonly
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:38 AM

yea, i do too. the only time i call dh daddy is when I'm speaking for dd lol. otherwise it's babe or hunny

Quoting beeky:

Personally, I think it's creepy.

MrsWhite101610
by on Apr. 21, 2013 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
I looked up some things about this and asked dh a while back. It goes back for many years, basically men want to be depended on and needed. Who more do children look to for love, care and protection? (Male wise) ...daddy. plus its a sex thing, it gives them "power" to be called daddy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)