Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How Much Do You Spend?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM
  • 66 Replies

How much do you spend on groceries in two weeks? 

I go grocery shopping once every two weeks. I buy enough for the two weeks for the four of us.  I spend about $150-200.  This is without coupons. 

I mostly buy store brands. 

Saturday, I did my usual grocery shopping for the next two weeks and spent just under $200.

My Dh threw a fit about how much I spent. He doesn't understand how much it takes to make at least 2 hot meals a day for 14 days.  I told him that maybe he needs to take over grocery shopping and cooking for a couple weeks so he'd get an idea... 

MamaMorgan0709  

by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nikkikry
by Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM
2 weeks for a family of 4 is $150 for us. I meal plan and don't buy a lot of junk. Yours sounds reasonable. My MIL spends $300 every 2 weeks and it's just her and FIL. I can't imagine what the heck they buy!
goddiddlyumshis
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM
usually about 250 every 2 weeks (sometimes more)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:42 AM

We spend around $150 per week. 

hannahsmom238
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM
About $150 for the 3 of us.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JenniferSq
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this
300 in two weeks. I do have 3 boys, two of them are teens, and a husbands who eats alot. Then we have the teens friends who come over. Uggg these kids eat so much. I dont know where they put it because all of my kids are thin.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MamaMorgan0709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

That all sounds reasonable to me.  

SierraLynn
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM
$200 for 2 weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I spend about two hundred every two weeks. We send dd to school with lunch and she is about five and going through a growth spurt so we add a bit more extra fruit. I personally think what your spending is reasonable. Honestly does your dh even know how pricey fruits and veggies can get or even seafood for that matter especially if you live in a land locked state. I would let him go grocery food shopping and cook the meals so that he can  see how much things really are and stress that  he has to not buy junk.

briebaby123
by on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM

My dh throws fits when I go shopping too...whateve! lol

We spend about $50-$80 each week, which is about $100-$160 for two weeks...but it's just me and dh eating meals, and the little extra is what we puree for dd < 6 months.

MamaMorgan0709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 22, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I sent him grocery shopping a couple weeks ago b/c I was too sick to leave the house. He came back with incomplete meals, no fruits or veggies of any kind, and was proud that he only spent $ 70... Irritating. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

I spend about two hundred every two weeks. We send dd to school with lunch and she is about five and going through a growth spurt so we add a bit more extra fruit. I personally think what your spending is reasonable. Honestly does your dh even know how pricey fruits and veggies can get or even seafood for that matter especially if you live in a land locked state. I would let him go grocery food shopping and cook the meals so that he can  see how much things really are and stress that  he has to not buy junk.

MamaMorgan0709  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)