Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

MARRIED FAMILIES THAT DONT HAVE FAMILY ORIENTED FRIENDS (CALI)

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 7 Replies

ME AND MY HUSBAND HAVE BEEN TOGETHER FOR ALMOST 11YEARS AND WE HAVENT YET MET ANY CLOSE FAMILY ORIENTED FRIENDS :( FRIENDS THAT ARENT NECESSARILY MARRIED BUT WITH KIDS AND THAT UNNDERSTAND "EVERYTHING" OR AT LEASE MOST. I FEEL FRIENDS IN YOUR SITUATION KIND OF HELP YOUR RELATIONSHIP TOO, WITH THE RIGHT ONES I GUESS. OR WHAT DO YOU THINK. ANYONE ELSE FEEL THE SAME.

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:37 PM

A lot of our friends kind of disappeared when we brought our daughter home.  Not like THAT day or whatever, but you get what I'm saying.  Things change when you settle down and start a family.  I'd say, for the better too!! ;)

pittymama
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 1:39 PM

this happened to us too. we still talk to our friends on the phone ocassionally but they haven't been an active part of our lives since last June.

Quoting AnGLInterrupted:

A lot of our friends kind of disappeared when we brought our daughter home.  Not like THAT day or whatever, but you get what I'm saying.  Things change when you settle down and start a family.  I'd say, for the better too!! ;)

mami386
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:07 AM

yeah definitely. seems people would be more encouraging to those that wanna settle or be a family. but i guess not today.

furbabymum
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:58 AM

We have various friends with kids. We also hang out with my family a whole lot. Friends with kids are hard to find honestly.

nurbabe82
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I don't think I have one friend that doesn't have a kid or at least a stepchild lol. The friends I talk to the most and spend the most time with lead a very similar lifestyle that DH and I do. I do have one friend where our friendship has become distant since her divorce. She became single and started leading a single life, going out on the weekends and etc. Which is great, but that's not really my scene and never has been, and staying in for a movie isn't quite her deal either.

mami386
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

yeah, being single is very different when you have kids. i dont even need a whole bunch of friends. just one and its a mission lol

deadlights86
by Emily on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Most people I know have kids and I still never see or hear from anyone. I have 1 friend and she lives next door. Wish she was married it would be like I love Lucy around here lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN