Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your husband ever buy feminine products for you?

Posted by   + Show Post

A Good Husband Is Willing to Buy His Wife Tampons

by Sasha Brown-Worsham

tampon buying husbandThere comes a moment in every relationship or marriage in which the woman is out of tampons and the man is on his way to the store. What happens next is anybody's guess, but in my opinion, it will (and should) make or break the relationship.

The only right response from a man in this case is: "Sure, honey. What brand and absorbency?" Anything resembling being grossed out, horrified, or humiliated is grounds for a breakup. For real. If he wants to be an adult male, in love with an adult woman, then sometimes he is going to have to buy feminine products for his lady. That's love.

This discussion is currently happening on CafeMom, and most of the women seem to agree with me. Their husbands buy tampons from time to time and it's really no big deal. But I have heard different things from women in the past.

Some women say their husbands are too embarrassed to buy them. I will say that very early on in our relationship, when my husband was young and immature, he made jokes about it. He did it, but he was clearly not into the idea. As he has matured, he has gotten used to it.

It's like anything else in marriage -- holding a woman's purse while she shops, having sex on her period, or getting her pickles at 3 a.m. when she is pregnant. You just accept these things if you are a grownup man married to a grownup woman.

Now granted, this isn't something I ask every time. Mostly I get them myself. But it has come up and he has done it. Because he is a good husband.

Besides, a man buying tampons CLEARLY knows his way around a lady's parts, right? I mean, I don't ask just anyone to buy feminine products. I ask my partner. In other words, a man buying tampons is obviously getting laid. He should be proud, not embarrassed.

In fact, most women would be impressed that a man is willing to do so, and if a man makes fun of him, well, it's obvious he is in the minority. Personally, if I were a dude, I might buy tampons just to pick up women (OK, I am joking. Mostly). But seriously? In what other aisle would you find so many women? And in what other aisle would you have the opportunity to prove what an enlightened man you are?

It says: "I am comfortable with my own sexuality. How YOU doing?" That's hot, man.

Does your husband ever buy feminine products for you?

by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 12:48 PM
Replies (11-20):
MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:36 PM

I'm really the one who does all the shopping, and I rarely forget to pick some up for myself. But there has been an occasion or two where it was up to him, and he had no problem with it.

EmilyG10
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Yes

mom2jasper
by Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I asked my fiance once, mostly as a joke. And he took me seriously and was really sweet about it. He even asked me if I wanted candy or anything else
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Yes, DH has bought them.  He has told me that when he's standing there looking, women walk up and offer to help him find them for me.  LOL  I guess they are either hitting on him, or know the pain of having your DH walk through the door with the wrong ones!

Rosebud27aj
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Yep he has...he has no problems doing again either...

MommyMarcoux
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM

Sure. He sees nothing wrong with picking them up for me.

HotMomma2622
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Yes
xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Mine will. He has no issues doing it.

elmardi25
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I tend to buy my stuff. but if he is going to the store and i need it,he will buy it with np.

Rach91o
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 4:24 PM
yes all the time.. He gets them without me asking or saying anything
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)