Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it weird...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM
  • 14 Replies
That I feel a sense of loneliness every time my fiance leaves? We have been together for 8 1/2 years, since i was 16 and he was 19 (So we are 24 and 27 now). We have had a lot of ups and downs, overcome a lot together. Becoming parents young, financial hardships, a very sick baby, my being diagnosed with MS... a lot. Our relationship just gets better and better though. I have never felt so in love and close to him as I do today. And recently I feel so attached to him. He leaves and I overwhelmingly feel like I miss him. I want to immediately call and text him just to tell him I love him (I don’t of course, he's a busy and hard working man) But I don’t know if this feeling is normal or weird? Thoughts?
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:24 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't see that weird in any way. (Unless you really text and call while he is working)

To go through a lot and still come out on the other side stronger is beautiful.

momoflivrose
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this
It's sweet. That is how my dh and I were at first. I still miss him like crazy when he leaves, but that may have more to do with my need for more adult conversations. Lol. It's nice to know you have been through so much and still have such a great love for each other. I hope you are doing well.
sprinkles9112
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's sweet :) I get to feeling that way, too.  I think it's just that good old fashion "true love" sickness. 

ProudMommy51006
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 9:51 PM
I feel so much better reading that it's not totally off the wall. And that other ladies have such a strong connection and love, as well. Thanks ladies
Zazayam
by on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I think it's sweet. Me and hubby have spurts like that. As long as you're not stalking him at work lol, that's weird...

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 23, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I feel that way as well when my hubby is away. He is working out of town for the next year at least and we only see each other on some weekends.

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:20 AM
1 mom liked this
I feel the same way. I try to stay out of the house the day he leaves, coming back is just depressing and crawling into bed by myself is gives me this overwhelming empty feeling.
pittymama
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

i've noticed that now that my Dh and I are in a better place in our marriage, i feel 10x more attached to him then before and miss him when he's at work. i don't think it's weird :)

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Todd and I have been together 10 yrs and we have a hard time even getting thru his work shift at night apart from one another. I stay up all night so I am  on same schedule as him and we text love notes and miss you notes back and forth on and off as he is able to from work. He's only had to go on 2 business trips early  on  in our relationship with his boss from his previous job and I felt like an immature baby but I couldnt stop crying and I literally got sick to my stomach and even got a fever and headache both times he had to go for a day or two. He said if he ever has to go on business trip again now that the kids are grown up  he'll pay for an extra ticket hiimself so I could go lol awwww luckily its very rare he has to andhas been years since he's had to so far. We wont even eat at a restaurant that they cant seat us in a booth where we can sit  on the same side in eachothers arms.

YVONNE

ProudMommy51006
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 8:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting sprinkles9112:

I think it's sweet :) I get to feeling that way, too.  I think it's just that good old fashion "true love" sickness. 

I love this reference :) "Good old fashion 'true love' sickness" ..... That's right :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)