Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

anyone else......

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM
  • 34 Replies

have a really hard time paying attention to their DH/DF/SO when they come home from work and talk about it for a half hour.... 2 hours? 

If DF is venting, Ihave no problem paying attention. If DF had a decent day, but acouple parts to vent about, I can pay attention. But when he has a really good day, and comes home in a wonderful mood, I ambored out of my mind. And its not because I only care when hes venting. I LOVE when he comes home in a wonderful mood. But those days he wants to tell me every single joke everyone said, whether it was said to him/directed towards him or not. And he reinacts EVERYTHING! He has to share every single weird look someone gave. If he gave someone a weird look for 10 seconds, he insists on showing me that look for 2 minutes (and I seriously am not exaggerating... at least I hope he isnt giving this look to them for 2 minutes with no words coming out to explain his look!)

I love DF so much. I feel horrible on these days. But I honestly dont care that 'george' said 'uggg' 50 times (although if those were the words that were said, Id be all for it, but I actually hear "Then 'george' said 'uggg' again.................. then george said uggg again......................then george said uggg again........" And its not george responding to something someone said, its just george being weird and making noise.) UGH. I dont know how to get into hearing what everyone says word for word! I would love too, I just dont know how!

---Im really not complaining about him coming home and talking about work. Definately not complaining about him venting. I love he is comfortable and does talk about work. I just wish I could find a way to get interested when he spends so long just telling me all the jokes and stuff. He deserves it.---

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 6:17 AM
Awww no. I love when my husband has a good day. Mainly because it means he sold a job, (he's an estimator) or had a smooth payroll week (also does hr for the company) or is just having an awesome day!

When he is in a good mood he hugs and kisses me. It makes me happy.
MamaMorgan0709
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:02 AM

My husband is the same way. He calls me from work on his lunch break to vent about work and tell me about his co-workers, he calls on his way home to tell me about what happened since lunch. Then, comes home and tells me other things he forgot or re-tells a couple things. It gets irritating. 

I fianlly told him the other day, that I don't mind his venting, I just don't want to hear about it in every conversation. because I do stop paying attention. 

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:11 AM
1 mom liked this

My husband comes home everyday & tells me everything. His job is dangerous at times, and I don't always want to know every little thing. 

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Todd talks about work and I dont mind listening whether he is venting or sharing something positive, it makes me feel good that he knows he can come to me and knows I care enough to listen whether it's short or long. He does know that a lot of times he (without thinking about it considering who is talking to) uses a LOT of work related terminology and abbrevivations and names of parts and machines and even titles certain workers of his hold that I have no clue for the life of me what the heck he is talking  about, so parts of it sound like a foreign language, BUT I dont want him to edit or censor himself while getting his worklife off his chest, and I pick up  on the most important things like how it affected him or a worker he cares about or the plant in  general positive or negative and if he has any concerns or stresses or happiness or pride involved that I can share with him and I focus on that.

Once in awhile he stops and says Oh honey I am sorry I always forget you don't know a lot of this work terrminology and yet you  listen so intently and respond so supportively, that's just another thing that makes you so awesome and special. I hope you know how much I appreciate it.

That means SOOOOOO much  to me. He sacrifices so much to take good care of us and enables me to be a stay at home wife and he doesnt have to, he wants to and I feel like this is the LEAST I can do.

YVONNE

furbabymum
by Gold Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I'd probably punch mine in the face if his recitations went like that. :) He tells me about it. We discuss some parts of it. It's more of a conversation than his verbal diarrhea.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on Apr. 24, 2013 at 11:16 AM
1 mom liked this

I let my husband ramble while I'm singing Vacation by the Go Gos in my head on repeat. I just make sure to smile and nod every few minutes. 

Great song, great song. It makes me happy. 

WillsMOM72
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM
I let my hubby vent about work, sometimes my mind does wonder. He listens to me so I have no issue listening to him.
jesuschild06
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:34 PM

lol exactly! I love hearing about his day. The good and the bad. Especially the good. Its just when its done word for word I get bored. But hes always so excited when he tells me stuff word for word, so I just nod and smile, and throw in a word here and there. I just dont know how to respond to everything when he does this! I much prefer a real conversation about his day at work! I never say anything to him when he does it, because I want him to know I am always here to listen to him. I just dont know how to turn in days like yesterday into a real conversation so I can get interested!

Quoting furbabymum:

I'd probably punch mine in the face if his recitations went like that. :) He tells me about it. We discuss some parts of it. It's more of a conversation than his verbal diarrhea.

heartagram_girl
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Sometimes I do drown him out, but not when he talks about work. I am very proud of the job he does, and I like to hear about it. However, when he gets off on one of his tangents- a certain gun build, the proper way to bore an engine, the pros and cons of a certain kind of vehicle in a certain type of terrain, something going on in one of his video games, etc. I tend to let it go in one ear and out the other. I really do try to listen, but he just goes on and on and the way he explains some things puts me to sleep. LOL but he does the same thing when I talk anything baby.

CafeMom Tickers
JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 1:56 PM

My husband talks about work quite a bit and I do find myself tuning out sometimes. I don't do it on purpose, but I get so used to tuning out excess noise from the kids all day that I do it automatically and have to catch myself and start paying attention again. I like the fact that my husband wants to share everything with me whether it's good or bad, and I would never tell him that I am tired of hearing about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN