Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Marriage is always a work in progress!

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM
  • 3 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: What do you find sexy in your partner?

Options:

Personality?

Physical Appearance?

Intellect?

All of the Above?

other? Explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

Marriage is like a job, it doesn't just magically happen. When we first meet our partners there is excitement, lust, desire, intrigue, romance and much, much more!

Sometimes the spark just fades away and doesn't mean that you don't care or love each other. Communication is key and setting aside some time for date night can help rekindle the fire.

Try approaching it as if you just met and your going on your first date. Plan to meet someplace you haven't been to before. Get dressed up and be excited. Focus on conversation, communication, ask questions, share things you havent shared with each other just like you do when you just met someone new that interests you. I am a firm believer that sexiness & desire starts in the mind, let me explain. Humans are visual creatures and society has made us feel like being thin, young, muscular and athletic is sexy. Sure a nice tight ass and perky boobs are nice and a handsome man with a tan, gorgeous smile and a six pack are GREAT to look at but usually ends up in a shallow relationship because it started out as a sexual and lustful encounter. I find that a man that can stimulate and seduce my mind is sexier than anything else. I say stimulate my mind and my heart will follow. And, if I am mentally stimulated I get aroused.

When I met my husband I was so conflicted because although I never made looks a condition I always had tall, good looking guys as boyfriends. When I met my husband I wasn't looking to get attached and had no interest in him except for work purposes. Once we began conversing I found myself extremely attracted to him. I called my best friend for advise and he told me I should go with it so I did and 5 yrs later we are still in a great relationship that is mentally arousing and sexually amazing! The thing I struggled with was that he was 5'7" bald, 10 yrs older than me and over 200lbs.

I know from experience that:

• men love women that are confident regardless of what they look like
  • want their women to be ladies in public and dirty in the bed (try seducing him/talk dirty to him/masterbate for him)
  • most men who cheat love their wives but are bored with their sex life so try something new and exciting
  • women are no different except in most cases its our emotions that either make us feel undesirable, stressed, jealous, insecure and much more but try to put that aside and reflect on how passionate your feelings were/are for each other and find a way to rekindle those feelings/desires

Marriage is a friendship (talk)

Marriage is a partnership (work together)

Marriage is a journey (explore it)

Marriage is union of 2 individuals ( do things apart that you love and rediscover who you are - it might make you more interesting to your partner)

Love is a beautiful thing but without intimacy, compassion, understanding, communication, & desire your sex life will be impacted.

If there is a ton of stress in your lives whether it is from things at home, work or finances, it will impact your sex life

If you are suffering from depression or any other medical problems it will impact your sex life.

Routine will kill you inside and bore the hell out of you and anyone around you!

My mother has been married to her 2nd husband now for 29 years and my ex boyfriends parents were married for 62 years. I could only wish to be so lucky in love to share my life with the same man for as long as they have.

People rush into marriage today and end up divorcing just as quickly because things don't go the way they want. Things are not always greener on the other side ladies. How many times did you get involved in total bliss only to end up miserable and looking for love again? I lost count.

I think it is important to find someone you are compatible with and always seek the inner being not the exterior one. It really doesn't matter what they look like if they are going to mistreat you. Besides if you are so shallow to overlook someone that shows an interest in you simply because they don't fit the mold you are looking for, then you just might miss out on the love of your life and the person God intended you to be with.

Take time to invest in your relationships! You came together once, it can be done again. Communicate/love/appreciate/compliment/trust/support one another "in good times and in the bad" "in sickness & in health" "for better or worse" isn't that what you vowed in front of your friends, your family, and God? No body said marriage was easy, no body said life was easy! God only promised us today we don't know what tomorrow brings. Heaven forbid the person you love leaves for work today and something tragic happens. Then its too late!

Love your men, don't deny them or fight with them! Learn to come together as one again. Seek marriage counciling if necessary but find a way to rekindle the spark and find your way to bliss again.

by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
emarin77
by Silver Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 2:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is sexy in all areas but at different levels.  It is a good balance.  Not too much of one trait.

beeky
by Alexandra on Apr. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

The sexiest thing about my husband is how much he still loves me after all these years.

createive
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, I'm always changing. Not every day but quite often. So yes we have to grow and change together.

I often say: a monogamous relationship is the most challenging but rewarding thing I have ever done.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)