Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you know your spouses last wish

Posted by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
  • 12 Replies

dh and I have discussed what we wanted for out last wishes if one passes on before the other. We even have a will that is going to be changed when dd2 is born.Sides that though is it something that you two discuss or is it like the pink elephant in the room? You will get to it when the time come. 

dh knows I wanna be buried according to our religious beliefs and a memorial service for those that need the funeral like feel.

dh on the other hand wants to be buried according to our religious beliefs but wants to give his own eulogy by video...the strange man he is.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM

We have talked about it. We need to get our wills done. We just haven't yet. Hopefully we don't die before we get things set.

We both want to be cremated.

beachbeauty
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 12:28 AM

DH is military so we"ve had to discuss it for him.  It didn't go well because he just kept writing down "according to spouse's wishes".  I told him that wasn't fair to me so he changed some stuff.  We haven't talked abou me, but the most important thing to me was how are kids would be cared for so we have wills for that.

MrsApple
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:01 AM

We've talked about it and made our wishes known.

MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 1:07 AM
No. But I just let him know now lol. I must have my last rights. He doesnt want to be left a vegetable. Or kept in a coma with no signs of coming out of it.
CrystalPystol
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

No. We have never discussed that.

weaveress
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

we both want cremated. he knows what songs i want played. he wants a party.

he thinks i am weird because i want to pick out our tombstone and have it partially engraved and paid for ahead of time. not placed on the ground yet. but i know what i want. and i don't want our kids picking it out.  

newwifenmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

His one and only wish he has voiced is for him to be the last man I ever love or sleep with.

tifbrown
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Yup, we know. He doesn't like to talk about it too much, but between him and my mom they could get it done. My family is very realistic and accepting about death. My parents have their spots picked out and I know pretty good details as to what they want. 

cntrdmom
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM
We haven't really discussed it. But I know what he would want. I know him very well. And I know what I want plus I know what he would do for me. Which I'm fine with. So I feel like we're good to go.
alexgia
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:31 AM
1 mom liked this

this is a very important post because you never know.  my first husband died suddenly at age 32.  my s/o now and i are old (82 and 65) and he keeps putting it off.  we are active and healthy but we need to make decisions but i have trouble getting him to talk about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)