Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long was your Long distance love?

Posted by   + Show Post

Did you have a long distance relationship? For how long? 

P.S. I did for 4 LONG years and then we got married...yeay! :)

by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
jett286
by Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM
1 mom liked this

6 hour drive for 3 years.  It was while he was in college and I was working.  I'd drive to see him once a month and he'd come home on breaks.  It was hard no email...just a phone that he didn't answer often and snai mail that went mostly one way...he wasn't big on writing....We got married the summer between his jr & sr year in college and will celebrate our 25th anniversary in June.

nbgg8687
by on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM
Well the first year he lived about an hour to an hour and a half away. then we got married and about two weeks later actually lived together. now he's been gone for about seven months over seas lol. but I love this man more then words can even begin to describe!
newwifenmom
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

10mts

weaveress
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

several. my mom liked to move us around. i dated a guy in ill and we moved to texas. i guess the actual long distance part lasted from july to feb. then i dated a guy in texas and moved to missouri. jul-sept, then again when i lived in ill same guy mar-the next feb. then i lived in ill and dated a guy lived in missouri feb-sept. my husband i were an hour apart the first year of our relationship, and four hours apart the second year (all in ill). 

i spent most of my dating years long distance. 

so idk cause i'd have to use my fingers to count lol. and i'm too tired for that.

CrystalPystol
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I have never been in a long distance relationship.

catrig
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:07 AM
When I was in middle school I dated a guy that lived about an hour away. We hung out usually once a month. I broke up with him because he was a creep. Lasted about six months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexgia
by Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

we lived 400 miles apart although in the same state for several months.  he then quit his business for several months and came to live me.  i then transferred with my company to be with him and let him persue his business.  i thought it would be for 6 months.  15 years later i am still here.

shadow_lark
by Silver Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 12:59 AM
Dh drives otr, does that count? He's been doing it almost three years, but we've been together for eight.
printerr
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:50 PM

We were long distance for almost 4 years after dating only 4 months.  While apart, we remained committed but we had limited contact and did not see each other at all (he was out in South America).  He finally got his visa and now we are together and married.  :)

mom23heathens
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
We met at my job. His job had a contract with the hotel i worked at for their employees to stay for layovers . I met him my first week there . He came to my office with his voucher for another week stay. He was there for a long term assignment. He was there for about 4 months after i met him. We went out a lot and when it was time for him to leave we exchanged contact info and dated over 4 years. We took turns flying back and forth and i even drove sometimes. we eventually got married and i moved with my kids to Texas. We will be married 11years next month.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)