Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The five love languages

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
I just finished reading a very interesting book with the above title. It was written by Gary Chapman, anthropologist / marriage couselor. It is about the different ways people around the world communicate love. There are five different ways, or languages and we all speak our own. But, we can learn our spouses language and they can learn ours. It's worth reading. Bet you can find it on Amazon for cheap as it was written in the 90's.
Just that I'd share. It seems to be helping us. :)
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
knix03
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I did not read the book but I did watch the movie or whatever you want to call it. I love it. It did not help in my last relationship but it has helped me understand my kids better and helped me in my currant relationship. I think everybody should read/watch it. 

BuffyKay66
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM
I did not know there was a movie!
Thank you. I will look for it.
I found this book in an old thrift shop for a quarter the other day. I have found it to be spot on in regards to the way my husband and I communicate love.
lovelychaos13
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:47 AM

id like to give it a read, ive heard about it, i think having my dh read it might get it to click for him more and that with our different needs,  doesnt work for it to just only be sex sex sex that he shows love, i need it shown non sexual ways, i need him to take care of me like i do him, so helping out around the house, cook dinner and showing affection in non sexual ways  or that giving me  a back massage  because my  muscles are spasming so bad im near tears that  that massge does not require sex after. him helping me out in what he calls mudane ways, im more rexaxed, less stressed and in turn my sex drive starts to rear its lovely head, partly i think because i then have some energy for it! with our last blow out  hes starting to get it somewhat but now slacking again

jellybeanjean
by Bronze Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:39 AM

care to summarize the 5 languages he writes of?

Serenity7
by Gold Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I read that book a long time ago

BuffyKay66
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Sure!
Physical touch
Gifts
Service
Words
Quality time. :)

Quoting lovelychaos13:

id like to give it a read, ive heard about it, i think having my dh read it might get it to click for him more and that with our different needs,  doesnt work for it to just only be sex sex sex that he shows love, i need it shown non sexual ways, i need him to take care of me like i do him, so helping out around the house, cook dinner and showing affection in non sexual ways  or that giving me  a back massage  because my  muscles are spasming so bad im near tears that  that massge does not require sex after. him helping me out in what he calls mudane ways, im more rexaxed, less stressed and in turn my sex drive starts to rear its lovely head, partly i think because i then have some energy for it! with our last blow out  hes starting to get it somewhat but now slacking again

BuffyKay66
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 4:52 PM
Sounds like your love language is service!
2lilmamas
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:00 AM
I heard about it. Maybe one day I'll pick it up.
JenniferSq
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 6:42 AM
There is a workbook that goes along with it that has a test you and your spouse can take to see what your love language is. How you show love and recieve love. Me and dh have different live languages, but knowing that really helped us become closer and better at exprezsing love for eachother.
Wifemom.midwife
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:00 PM
1 mom liked this

We have read it a few times, have both the men and women edition and our book club actually picked it this month for the read..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)