Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

1st year anniversary

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 20 Replies
So my husband and I have been together since 2009 but we are approaching our first complete year being married next month...

What did you do on your first anniversary? Gift ideas??
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I don't usually give him anything on our anniversary. He could care less about gifts. He usually gets me something or we'll go out to dinner.

Happy anniversary!

lilempire219
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Just be with each other. My husband and I just spend the day together. See I was 9months pregnant when we hit our first Anniversary. I wish I could help more. But spending a sweet night alone is just as amazing as anything else.

beeky
by Alexandra on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:19 AM

The only thing I can remember about my first anniversary, is that my father had a heart attack.

GodsAmiga
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 5:35 AM

We didn't do anything and our gift to each other was our daughter born 4 days before. :-)

by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM

We went to a nice hotel and ate and had some drinks in the bar/lounge then spent the night in our room. Oh, and I did a cartwheel n the room bc I was so happy we (I) made it thru the first year! Lol

Wifemom.midwife
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:53 PM

My husband and I went on a gondola ride to the top of the Glenwood caverns. They are rides, caverns, shops ect on top of mountain but it also has this beautiful restaurant overlooking the whole valley and amazing food so we had dinner there and some fun.

He also had 50 roses delivered to my work with the sweetest card. The roses were a down payment for 50 years. By far the best anniversary:)

Mrs.Nevins
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:08 AM
First year wedding anniversary gift is traditionally paper. Look up wedding anniversary gifts and it goes by year. So maybe for paper, you could buy tickets to his favorite sports team event? Or concert?
ara-myangel
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear that

Quoting beeky:

The only thing I can remember about my first anniversary, is that my father had a heart attack.

ara-myangel
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM
I've been thinking of buying him single game Raiders tickets but they're not on sale yet

Quoting Mrs.Nevins:

First year wedding anniversary gift is traditionally paper. Look up wedding anniversary gifts and it goes by year. So maybe for paper, you could buy tickets to his favorite sports team event? Or concert?
ara-myangel
by on May. 7, 2013 at 4:24 PM
That sounds like something out of a movie! So sweet and very romantic :)

Quoting Wifemom.midwife:

My husband and I went on a gondola ride to the top of the Glenwood caverns. They are rides, caverns, shops ect on top of mountain but it also has this beautiful restaurant overlooking the whole valley and amazing food so we had dinner there and some fun.

He also had 50 roses delivered to my work with the sweetest card. The roses were a down payment for 50 years. By far the best anniversary:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN