Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How would you feel?

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM
  • 7 Replies
I've been married for almost 10 years, but dhs family treats me like an outsider!! Dhs ex took their three daughters and moved them to Memphis (we're in Minnesota) 13 years ago. We tried to remain close to the girls... Anyway his ex came up, stayed wth dhs family!! They were basically fighting over who she was gonna stay with! They always post stuff on fb about her, or on one of the girl's pages, back and forth but we can see it cuz we are friends with the girl's. On of hood sisters commented on a pic one of the girl's put on, she says, you look so beautiful, and have such good taste, just like your mom. It's just bull!!!! They don't just treat me like an outsider, but my dh and our dd. Ahhhh t just makes me so mad!!!! How would you feel? How would you deal with it?
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
NikiH0302
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:46 PM

My hubby's family is the same way.  My dh's exs get treated better than me, him, and our dd.  And it's not like he has kids with any of them...it drives me crazy!!!!

IQuitCounting
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I'm sorry.  My in-laws are amazing so I can't say I know how you feel.  But if it were me, I'd make my family elsewhere.  Focus on the people that do love you and accept you and ignore the rest.  Not to say you shouldn't try to foster a relationship with them, but don't stress yourself out over it.  It's their loss.  It's unfortunate, but you can't change them.

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Sorry mama! That would drive me nuts. That is very inconsiderate of them. I'm sure they want to have a relationship with the kids and her but damn, they don't need to treat you like you don't belong. 

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2013 at 11:22 PM

My inlaws are horrible. We have cut them out of our lives for the most part. 

24clark
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Same as this person says...Make your family elsewhere. I think that is very good advise. You cannot control what others do or say, but you can control yourself. Know where to focus your energy (think serenity prayer...)

I am so sorry that you have to go through this. It is very sad that you are hurt by family members. Too bad for them too.

Quoting IQuitCounting:

I'm sorry.  My in-laws are amazing so I can't say I know how you feel.  But if it were me, I'd make my family elsewhere.  Focus on the people that do love you and accept you and ignore the rest.  Not to say you shouldn't try to foster a relationship with them, but don't stress yourself out over it.  It's their loss.  It's unfortunate, but you can't change them.

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:09 AM

My husband family does not like me and I could care less

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 11:10 AM

hell no, my husband would have to speak up. thats not ok

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)