Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Hubby goes out every night because I'm pregnant?

Posted by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 21 Replies
2 moms liked this

So I'm 23 weeks pregnant with our 3rd DD and my hubby started going out again until 3+ 4 in the morning at least 3 nights a  week. I know he's not cheating because he's with his cousins. But honestly he's done this every time I'm pregnant. I asked him about it and he told me that when I'm pregnant I don't give him enough attention. I'm a stay at home mom and I do everything myself when it comes to the house and kids. He doesn't help much even though I'm pregnant. I've already been in the hospital once this pregnancy with contractions and my dr suggested I take it easy. I try to show him as much attention as possible especially since he's been home with a work related injury. We are together all day! I have to cook and clear and take care of the kids. I try to watch a movie or just cuddle with him. Ightly but sometimes I'm too tired. The only time I really take care of myself and make myself a priority is when I'm pregnant. I think he's just being a spoiled brat about it and needs to understand that it's not always about him!

by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hottmomma607
by Trica on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Wow he seems selfish to think that when your pregnant!
leanntx
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM
He's extremely selfish, you're doing right by taking care of you!
MomRocs1102
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:54 PM

wow

SierraLynn
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Pretty crappy excuse. I hate the "I dont get enough attention" that some of these husbands say on here. Its a lowsy excuse to go out and act single  and/or like a complete douche.

I wouldn't stand for it. Im not a controlling person, but Id be fucking dammed if my husband disrespected me like that.

ajb246
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:07 PM

He sounds left out, he cant experiance like you can. He needs to realize tho that going out isnt going to solve the issue. You can spend time together and do anything, cleaning dishes, doing nothing ect.  But if this is your 3rd, this isnt new for you, and you should have spoken up along time ago. I figure as long as he isnt out doing stuff he shouldnt and stops when baby comes, its not that serious.

villagemamma
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Thats pretty selfish behaviour. I would find a way to compromise with him. I know that my hubby sometimes just wants an evening to go out and do stuff especially since i do depend on him a lot more to help with our 4 year old and keep up on the housework now that i am pregnant with baby #2. He usually goes out once a week to have a game night with his friends.

Lucky1123
by Member on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Sorry, but if he is able to go out then he isn't injured bad enough to be out of work. And that is pretty much what I would tell him. 

MRamos18
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL!!! Guys can be to much at times just worry about your self and take it easy.  Your new baby is coming Congrats!!!      

ladyicon13
by on Apr. 27, 2013 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

His rm was fractured in 10 places and he's in rehab for it now He fixes airplanes so he can't work until his bones have healed. He had a very long and extensive reconstruction surgery. He still has about 6 months of rehab left. I've always let him go out and have his alone time. He even has his annual guy getaways. I just get upset that he starts staying out until 3or 4 when I'm pregnant. He doesn't do that when I'm not pregnant. He complains when I spend the entire day with him about lack of attention. We have a date night probably once a month (babysitter only available then). This is the 3rd around and I'm just not up for it anymore. The first pregnancy we fought all of the time because the world didn't revolve around him. The second one he was working a lot so I understood and we were in the process of buying a house. But now I'm just plain sick of it! I take care of this man better than most women would!

mami386
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM
i understand completely. but importantly you should keep doing what your doing and taking care of yourself.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)