Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Then don't come crying to me!

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
  • 3 Replies

Last night I had a friend come knocking on my door asking to stay the night. Said she is tired of getting hit, blah blah blah. Her husband came knocking on the door wanting to talk to her. My husband answered and asked her if she wanted to talk to him, she said no, so of course hubby wouldn't let him in. My hubby wound up calling the cops, we are military and he is an MP. So the MPs come, and they take him to jail for a few hours.

Today I talked with another neighbor, as I am really upset that no one is going to talk to us over this. Turns out that on the flip side, she is the abusive one. He had all kinds of marks on his face, been this way for a while according to the neighbor. I text the husband and just tell him I was sorry, I had talked to the neighbor, blah blah blah again. He says he is cool with me, but my husband better not go near him. Says my husband shouldn't have called the MPs. Then he tells me that him and his wife are tired of all the damn drama. Pretty sure she was bawling at my door about being hit, what was I suppose to do? I have just decided, fine you are tired of the bullshit then don't come crying to me again! Sorry this has been bugging me and I just had to get it out in a vent. BTW hubby called the MPs as he is way against any man putting his hands on a woman unless it is complete self defense. We have only been here a few months and I don't want to have half of the neighbors pissed off and not talking to me over this bs. I didn't ask to be brought in to the middle of it.

by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on Apr. 28, 2013 at 1:42 PM

You did what you thought was best.  Perhaps the other neighbors already knew that SHE was the abusive one??  It's not your fault you didn't know what was going on.  (hugs)

It'll blow over hopefully.  Just steer clear of those particular neighbors.

MomToovey
by Marianne on Apr. 28, 2013 at 4:05 PM

I agree that you did what you thought was best. It's not yours or your DH's fault for what happened, and I personally think they never should have involved you in the first place.

I'm sorry you had to deal with that, and hopefully you won't have to ever again.

xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 28, 2013 at 5:01 PM

You were only going by what she told you. I would just explain that to people if it should come up. 

How were you supposed to know she was the one doing the abusing? If people don't understand that, oh well. 

It'll blow over. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN