Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do You Think All Husbands Cheat?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 121 Replies

Hello,  I just wanted to hear opinion - do you think every husband cheats? I have been married for two years and my husband and I get along great, however, he got a promotion at work and now has a crazy work schedule. For six weeks, he works night shift, from 6 pm to 6 am and then switches to day shift.  The night shift there are only two on duty plus the gate guard and security.  This past two weeks, my husband is working with a female and I can't help but feel a little insecure.  My gut and my heart say there is nothing to worry about, however, I do feel a bit uncomfortable about them working night shift together.  How do I get past these feelings?  He has never given me any reason to doubt him but I can't help but feel insecure.

by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alaskadreams
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:04 AM
3 moms liked this

I would say talk to him about it.  My husband works nights and he's a trucker....yeah, not thrilled.  So i'll joke about "lot lizards" (that is what ladies that stroll the truck lots are called).  i know that i have nothing to worry about.  So talk about the co worker with him.  Get to know her, in a way.  Maybe that will help?  So I say have an open conversation, let him know that you know that he would never cheat but you are still a bit uncomfortable.

anotherandree
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:11 AM
9 moms liked this

No, I do not think that all husband's cheat.  Mine has never given me reason to pause.  We have been together for 10 years and we are amazingly happy.  There is such thing a happily ever after.  Good luck!

AFMOM253
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.  I have talked to him about it and let him know my insecurities, he assured me that he would not ruin what we have in our marriage.  This new schedule is just hard for me and when I know he is working with another woman (not every time, he worked with a guy the first  four weeks) it bothers me.  I was just wondering how other women handle similar situations.  Thank you again for your response.

Zazayam
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

I would just talk to him about it if it's bothering you.

No, not every man cheats. Actually I believe most don't.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:50 AM

No I don't believe all men or husband's cheat. Todd always says even the word cheat or cheating makes him feel sick to his stomach and I believe him bc it does the same thing to me.

YVONNE

thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 2:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Of course not, not all men (or women) are created equal. I am in a perfectly healthy relationship and one thing I know I never have to worry about is my husband cheating on me. We've been there for each other through thick and thin.

If your insecurity is that bad, you should talk to yours.

nsparky1964
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Why qualify and say all men cheat,,hmmm are they ALL cheating with other men? No, with wimen,,sadly being a trifling whore is not gender specific..
And no not all husbands cheat, they know and value a relationship and are in marriages with mutual respect..
kjbugsmom1517
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 8:59 AM
i dont think all or even most cheat. and working a night shift isnt really a good comparison to what would make a person cheat. just cuz they r on night shift with opposite sex doesnt mean anything. day shifters who work with opp sex cheat too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chillemi78
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
To make sure I understand, he has given you no reason to ever doubt him, he just got a promotion to provide better for you and your family and because a woman works at the same place as him, you are worried he will cheat on you?
briebaby123
by on Apr. 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Feeling insecure is normal, unless you go overboard-psycho crazed...that is not ok.

lol

My father never cheated on my mother, SHE cheated on him and after 15 years together they divorced. I ALWAYS feel insecure with my hubby, though I know I shouldn't...but he's good looking (In my op.) and I don't want him to leave us. He never gives me reason to doubt, though. He always comes home to us, gives me kisses, hugs, love, etc. If he were to ever stop doing what he does, then i'd wonder.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)