Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New and need support

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 4 Replies

My name is Nicole. I have been with my husband for four years and soon married for two of them. I had three kids coming into the relationship and we had a son together a few months before we wed. I feel like a single mom most of the time and not happy usually miserable. I live in Wisconsin. Belongs to a wonderful church in Sun Prairie.

by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
jmlmomma
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 10:50 AM

Welcome to the group..

Why do you feel like a single parent? Is he working or just not involved? My husband works long hours and I've always felt I raised our daughter alone, but true be known it was better then having him second guess me all the time..She is soon to be 25...

Coolmomma44
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:20 AM

He doesn't work long hours. Just doesn't pay attention to the children when we are out and I am the one that tells the kids what to do or stay close or stop fighting. And when he does help he seems to only have the angre instead of the talking part and that is not what any of my kids need. Please I have been asking him to deal with his issues from childhood and nothing. He doesn't want to make anything better for our family 

xoxRachelxox
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:23 AM

Have you ever just sat him down and talked with him about these things? 

If not, you should. 

I always tell my husband. You can't get upset with me for doing something, or not doing something if you don't bring it to my attention. I do the same for him. 

Mom2wife1
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Welcome Nicole. Sorry you're dealing with this. I know therapy is always suggested but maybe in this case it would help. He needs to get away from his past issues and start dealing with his life as is is now. You should talk to him about it and see what he says. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)