Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Cheating? how to handle it. What are your rules or quotes you go by in a hurtful situation

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 54 Replies

how do you respond to being cheated on.. I have two girls and I am a young mom do I stay or do i leave?

I am so hurt and there are sooo many reasons why i cant make this decision on my own but I just need advice when do you know now is the time? Can things actually get better or what happens do I cheat to get back at him how do I handle the situation? PLEASE HELP!?

by on May. 1, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gmgej
by Michele on May. 1, 2013 at 8:38 AM
2 moms liked this

I couldn't handle cheating, marriage is hard enough, it would be a deal breaker for me I think. I am so sorry you are going through this, no one deserves to be hurt like that.

huntersmama711
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM
3 moms liked this
For me it all depends. Was it a 1 time thing or an on going affair? I think I would try to fix things if it was just once but anything more I'd be gone. Counseling would be mandatory to save our relationship. I know it would take a very long time to regain my trust but I wouldn't be able to just walk away without fighting for us.
2lilmamas
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:07 AM
Cheating usually crumbles the marriage. It takes a lot of repairing and dedication to make it work. I personally find hard to put the pieces back together. Once the trust is gone in the relationship it is hard to get back. I couldn't do it. I would move foward but everyone is different. Whatever you decide look at whats best for you and your kids. Staying in a unhealthy relationship is never good. All it leads to is more heart break.
kidlover2
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:14 AM
2 moms liked this
It all depends on your husband's attitude. Is he remorseful? Are you both willing to put in the hard work in order to fix the marriage and is he ok with being completely open with his whereabouts for a while? A lot of marriage is built on trust. When the trust is gone it is extremely difficult to get it back. It takes a lot of work and communication on both sides. I know of a couple that survived an affair and they are stronger because of it. My marriage did not survive an affair and I am grateful for it.
MamaMorgan0709
This divorce needs to hurry and be granted. Hoping it is before the holidays.
Yesterday at 7:47 AM
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:12 AM
2 moms liked this

My husband cheated 2 years ago. I had plans to leave. He insisted on counseling. We went. It helped a lot. But, 2 years later I'm still finding it difficult to trust him.  He hasn't given me another reason to think he's cheating. I just can't seem to get past it... 

It's slowly killing my marriage. Right now we have SO many other stresses added to that. I'm not sure we'll make it another year... 

MamaMorgan0709  

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on May. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM

(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:21 AM
2 moms liked this
cheating is a deal breaker for us. if it happened, we go our seperate ways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2wife1
by on May. 1, 2013 at 10:52 AM

Everyone's different but I would think the main thing is whether you can get past it if you choose to stay. I haven't gone through it with my husband but I thought it happened once, still not sure if it did. I try not to bring that part of our relationship up after he has proved to change. If something happened at this time in my life,( I'm 27 with 2 little girls that are 2& 3 yrs old) I don't know if I'd stay or go. I would deffenetly leave for a while to think and make sure I was making the right decision for my family. Sorry you're going through this. 

Dimples303
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this

:/ I'm sorry your having to go through that my dear. For me, cheating is a deal breaker... I would never be able to trust my husband again and without trust, our relationship would just fall apart. Counseling would be a great option if your not sure about staying together or willing to fix the relationship... its worth a try. Hang in there!!

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 1, 2013 at 11:44 AM
1 mom liked this

That's up to you. You have to decide where you draw your own line.

I've been married for 11 and a half years, together for 13. I could probably forgive my husband if he had a random one night stand. People are human, they make mistakes. If my husband had a prolonged affair, or a one night stand that resulted in a pregnancy, or cheated on me with a friend or family member, or with a co-worker of his, that is where all bets are off for me. That's it. We're done. Those are my breaking points. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)