Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Either way, it'll be fun!

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
  • 7 Replies

Next weekend (Mother's day weekend) my DH and I are going on a small anniversary trip to St. Augustine. We'll go down to FL on Friday, stay that night with my folks, they offered to watch DD Saturday to Sunday, so once we're all up on Saturday, we're going to get her acclimated (Which I'm slightly worried about her freaking out) and then hit the road, hopefully before 10 am. Now, we can't check into our B&B until 3, which is fine, but we're waffling on how we should schedule things.

We could either go ahead and go to the downtown area and fort first and then check into the B&B and go to the lighthouse (Because we can go for free with this B&B) and do the aquarium or gatorland if it's still open Sunday before we head back.

Or

We could go to the aquarium, or maybe gatorland if it's still open, have lunch, check into the B&B, go to the downtown area and fort, have dinner and then go back to the B&B, and on Sunday go to the lighthouse before we leave.

I think the first option would work better, but really we'd make either one work. My husband likes the second idea, but I think he's thinking more about the parking than anything else lol! I'd like your opinions please!

AV made by NiamhWitch

by on May. 1, 2013 at 2:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mantidae
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I don't know the area, but I think you're right - either would be fun.  I'd go with the most efficient route (ie, least back tracking, best opportunities to get food at the right times, go to the places with later hours later), and don't underestimate the impact of parking depending on where you're going!

Have fun!  Congrats on your anniversary.

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 4:01 PM

We were there this weekend. It will probably be a little crowded and very difficult to find parking on the street, you will likely have to park in the parking garage or one of the lots that charge $10.

CotterpinDoozer
by Member on May. 1, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Man, do the lots charge 10 bucks now? It's been a long time since I've been...like a decade or so

AV made by NiamhWitch

chillemi78
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:26 PM
If you already think it will be fun either way, I say go with your husband's plan. No need to have tension over who's plan is better and have someone be the "loser" of the argument. Just relax and enjoy while he figures out the details, us moms do enough planning and organizing on a daily basis! Happy Anniversary! Enjoy!
AlannaMaria
by on May. 1, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Have fun :)

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 1, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Sounds like fun! Enjoy!

I agree with the comment that if you think both options would be fun, go ahead and do what your DH wants to do, no point in both of you stressing out over plans!

CotterpinDoozer
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Neither of us are stressing out, nor would it cause an argument over someone losing as neither of us were really strongly opposed to the other idea. I told him either would work and I didn't care much one way or another, so he could pick. Now he's going back and forth by himself lol.

AV made by NiamhWitch

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN