Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

If you argue how often does SO say he needs time alone

Posted by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
  • 26 Replies
Not bickering type arguments but a pretty good one.

Does your SO ever say he needs time alone?

And of so, how often does he need this kind of space?

I like to try to repair things as soon as possible. This is a new behavior for me, just wondering if anyone else has similar experiences.
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM

No he has never said it in 30 years. Maybe because he has alone time ? he golfs once week or more.

kidlover2
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I'm the one who needs time alone. I need time to disengage and calm down so I can start thinking rationally again.... I take anywhere between 15 minutes to a day. I try to make sure that I always go back and try to resolve the issues.
villagemamma
by on May. 1, 2013 at 8:24 PM

My dh and i dont argue often, but whenever we have those especially bad ones he does like to go and take a break. Its always just in another room or outside

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 9:01 PM

He has never asked for time alone, but if we aren't getting along for some reason, I usually need some time alone (in another room than him, not actually going anywhere). He lets me have a little while to process things, and then he tries to make up or talk things out again.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM

DH has never said that to me. 

MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 1, 2013 at 10:53 PM

He's never said it. We're usually able to work things out in a matter of minutes, though.

earthangel1967
Happy Sept! I changed my siggy & profile for Sept. This month I'll be spending time in Love & Marriage & Frugalistas & Everyday Family Ideas groups. See you there! :D
Today at 1:35 AM
by YVONNE on May. 2, 2013 at 1:30 AM

It's really rare for Todd and I to argue, and most of the ones we do have are minor disagreements and we are also both really great at respectfully agreeing to disagree too and never say things hurtful that we have to regret.

I have to think about it hard to think if he ever said he wanted some time alone to cool down or think and I believe he did so (always for less than 1 hour) about 2 or 3 times in our 10 yrs. Then we'd come back together to talk thru a resolution

YVONNE

little.worthen
by Tessie on May. 2, 2013 at 1:31 AM
My husband has never said that. But I'm usually the one who needs to cool off
raye-chan
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Michael and i argue about stuff sometimes. He has used the argument on me and has said that since he works, he deserves more time alone since he's always stressed from work. Lately i haven't complained about it since our last bad fight he said i wasn't anything but just a mom, a stay at home lazy depressed mom who doesn't need to go out anywhere. He said he was sorry but I've been hiding from friends and family since it really kinda hurt hearing that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweetr0se
by on May. 2, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Only when he's really upset, but in a few minutes he calms down and can talk reationally! I'm always the one asking for time alone though! lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)