Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your DH expect....

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM
  • 15 Replies

You to be the one to contact his dr's office for him?  Or does he take care of it himself?  My DH has been complaining for the last 2 weeks about the fact that he might have a sinus headache - yet everytime I tell him to call his Dr's office he say "It takes too long to get in to see them..." which I in turn say "Well, you should transfer your care to the Dr where the rest of us go.  They have a new male Dr that is very nice to deal with..." (I have dealt with him with our son...)

So, a couple days ago DH asks if I can call my Dr office to find out about getting his records transferred and getting him set up to meet with this new Dr.  So I call, and they said that DH has to go into one of the two offices to sign a medical release form and then the new Dr can get records from the old Dr and he can go from there.  I pass the message onto my DH.... there is nothing I can do - YOU have to do this, it is your health we are talking about here. 

He just called me on his way to work and asked me to call my Dr office back again and ask them to fax the medical release paperwork to his fax machine at work... I let out this sigh and he says "What?"  I told him it is things like this that make me feel more like his secretary insted of his wife and I don't understand why he can't call himself.  His respose: "Well I guess I can, I'll just get the office number from you tonight and take care of myself...."  <Click> 

The office opens at 8:00 and he doesn't have to leave for work until 8:45 - and he get a lunch break... Why can't he just call himself?

Am I really asking too much?

by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabyangy
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I do all the appointments for my husband. 

LilliesValley
by on May. 2, 2013 at 9:12 AM
My dh takes care of all of it himself. I take care of mine. While I probably could help with his if he asked it's just not necessary. Part of being an adult.

Op your comment on being his secretary makes me think more is going on and this is a compounding problem. Maybe something to sit down and discuss. Things you're willing to do verses things a grown mansshould do.
browneyedbitty
by Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM
No my husband takes care of that himself. He knows better when he is available for appts and such.

I handle me and our 3 kids.
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 9:17 AM
I make the appointments for our family. Doesn't bother me though.
MomofHDFandNWF
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:14 AM

So, I called, and they are faxing the paperwork to him -- I called him to tell him to be looking out for it.  But, that he needs to take it from here.

MomofHDFandNWF
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:20 AM

There are weeks/days that he will leave me (what I call...) a "laundry list" of things to do - primarily phone calls and paying bills. 

I guess what frustrates me the most is that he will say he doesn't have time to do these things (among other things around the house...) when he gets home; yet he can sit and play pool of FB for hours on end.  Or the days he has off during the week when asked what he is doing he says "Not much of anything" and then occupies the computer for most of the day or hides out in his garage so he can avoid the houseful of kids - yet the next day as he is going back to work asks me to do all these things he technically could have done the day before. 

I don't mind at all paying our joint bills or paying my own personal bills - they are after all either part or all of my responsibility depending on the bill.  But, when it comes to paying his bills (credit cards - Home Depot, Discover, etc...) or setting up his own appointments I don't understand why he can't hadle it... I take care of everything else for myself and our two kids....

KWIM?

Quoting LilliesValley:

My dh takes care of all of it himself. I take care of mine. While I probably could help with his if he asked it's just not necessary. Part of being an adult.

Op your comment on being his secretary makes me think more is going on and this is a compounding problem. Maybe something to sit down and discuss. Things you're willing to do verses things a grown mansshould do.

JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 10:23 AM
I don't make appointments for my hubby, but I am usually asked to handle most business for the family. He claims that I am more professional and better at making the necessary calls or correspondence. It can be annoying at times when it's something he could do, but that's just my role and he does stuff for me that I'm capable of doing but that he is better at doing.
kidlover2
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:25 AM
That sounds like my exhusband. I used to set all of his appointments, pay all of the bills, and remind him of all appointments, birthdays, and be his alarm clock in the morning. I thought it was normal. I'm engaged now to a completely different man. I remind him of nothing. He makes all of his own decisions and appointments and helps me set up the girls appointments and takes them and is their soccer coach!! God, I love this man.
AleaKat
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:26 AM
My DH hates doctors but if its something serious he will take care of it and make an appointment.
MommyBee12808
by on May. 2, 2013 at 10:27 AM
We take care of our own appointments except for last week when my husband called for me because I lost my voice.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN