Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How do you interact with his family?

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
  • 53 Replies
Are you a loving person to his family or are you a non talker?
I donot like my s/o's family. His mom is not classy. His dad screams at people. Ive seen him run up in a lady face trying to fight her. His sister wants to pick his women. I speak to the brother but thats it. I say hello and nothing else. Some say be cordial but i cannot get past his parents allowing their newborn grandbaby and mom of the baby be homeless. They are mean people. I sometimes feel bad for not going with him to visit his family.
How are you with your dh/so's family?
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bookworm14
by Mandy on May. 2, 2013 at 12:44 PM
I have no interaction with his family. For one reason or another his mother cannot stand me so i stay away. even more so now that we are working through a rough patch where i thought we were splitting up.
4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Oh wow. So,she mustve gotten excited thinking you guys were through. Thats real sad.
mommyto3bees
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM

both

goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 2, 2013 at 12:50 PM
i cannot stand his father, he is a loser. he lived with us briefly and took advantage of our kindess, so DH kicked him out.
his mom, we got along really well... but she just passed away in december suddenly =(
his sister and i get along great.. all of our kids are months apart... so we spend a lot of time together.
his brother... o...m...g. HATE HIM! he lived with us too, stole from us... had the nerve to ask for money, disobeyed any rule we had agreed on while living with us (one being no women in and out... boy did he not hear that one. after the 3rd girl he brought in. i got irritated)... and then disappeared.

his aunt and cousins... love em! thats who i talk to majority of the time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcginnisc
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I adore my husband's family! I met my IL's when we were 16, so they are truly another set of parents for me..my BIL is 3 years younger than we are, so he is my "little brother" and his wife was a friend of mine in HS so it's cool that we have been "sisters" for 16 years, which is how long they have been married). His GMIL is now my GM and I love her to pieces. 

I am very blessed to have such wonderful IL's...my MIL is my mother's best friend and one of my best friends and favorite people. My FIL is a very wise man and has taken the place of my father in the past 5 years since he went bizarro and started doing hard drugs and cheated on my mother. My MIL and GMIL even went to China with us 6 years ago when we adopted our daughter. They were such a huge help and we loved having them with us for the experience. 

Claire

" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 

Hottmomma607
OMG!!! Jax is gonna go off the deep end!! Even deeper! lol
Yesterday at 11:47 AM
by Trica on May. 2, 2013 at 1:54 PM

We have a good relationship!

littlemrsd
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 2:21 PM

We are at terrible odds. I hate his family & the worse my dh acts the worse I hate his family. I refuse to go see them & have my daughters around such cruel nasty people. 

Serenity7
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I have never had anything to do with my husband family

_Mrs.N_57
by on May. 2, 2013 at 3:33 PM
I love my in-laws. They're crazy, but I wouldn't trade them for the world.
4kings1queen
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 4:01 PM
Dang, i wish i could feel all bubbly inside about but i dont. Theyre not good hearted people at all.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)