Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

It made me happy but it hurt so bad…. UPDATE not good at all **little more info**

Posted by   + Show Post
I sent my DH a text saying Hey… about an hr later he sent me a text back saying Hey… a couple mins after that he sent me another text saying I love you. It made me so happy to see that text to finally after months see him say that he loves me and he was not just replying to me saying it. Then he sent me another text tellin me that he mean it and it just broke my heart. It made me happy but at the same time it hurts so much. I have told him many times that I still love him even after all the fights, the nights he disappeared on me and the affair but he has only said it back because I said it to him. I just never thought the first time he said it after all we have been through it would hurt so much. I just don't understand and its not just hormones from being pregnant its more then that and I just don't understand. I'm so confused right now. I don't understand how I could go from loving he fact he said it to being so hurt that he said it and then he had to add the I really mean it part after that. It didn't start to hurt or make me cry until he said he meant it. It should not hurt and make me cry that he said he loves me I should be happy and smiling but no I'm laying in bed crying hurt and confused.

UPDATE
So what he was saying was his goodbye he was making sure I knew he loved me before he stole his friends truck, drive to the middle of no where and tried to kill himself. He only said it because he thought he was going to die
** it was a failed attempt because OnStar was active on his friends truck and my DH did not know that. We filed a missing persons report and because he had taken his friends truck OnStar was able to find and send police to assist when they realized the truck was on but no one was responding. OnStar saved his life if it would have been any other car he took no one would have ever found him and he would have succeeded. He was taken in to the hospital for treatment and will be released to a psych ward around 12pm or 1pm today for a 72hr suicide hold or until his mom, sisters and I feel he is ready to be let go
by on May. 2, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Replies (11-16):
MagicTemptation
by Christina on May. 3, 2013 at 12:38 PM
2 moms liked this

OMG hunny. I am sorry life is throwing you crap right now. My first thought honestly, is selfish bastard. You are pregnant, moved hundreds of miles to be with him, he cheated on you, and went on talking about divorce and not sure if he want's to be together. Then tells you he loves you before stealing a friends truck and trying to commit suicide?  If he really loves you, he would own up to his mistake and do everything he could to make it up to you. He is obviously not stable enough to be a husband let alone a father. Where in any of this the last few months has he put someone else above his own wants? I know you love him, but you and your' children deserve so much more.

winedrinker
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:13 PM
I am very sorry too but I agree with all of what was posted here

Quoting MagicTemptation:

OMG hunny. I am sorry life is throwing you crap right now. My first thought honestly, is selfish bastard. You are pregnant, moved hundreds of miles to be with him, he cheated on you, and went on talking about divorce and not sure if he want's to be together. Then tells you he loves you before stealing a friends truck and trying to commit suicide?  If he really loves you, he would own up to his mistake and do everything he could to make it up to you. He is obviously not stable enough to be a husband let alone a father. Where in any of this the last few months has he put someone else above his own wants? I know you love him, but you and your' children deserve so much more.

shinybright
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I am so sorry.  I hope he stays in the hospital for continued treatment.  As an adult, if the psych hospital deems him not to be a threat to himself or others, they will probably release him after the 72 hour hold - regardless of what you and his family desire.  In order for you to have him stay in longer you could either have a court order written requiring continued hospital treatment or you could have the court declare you or his mother his legal guardian and then you could have him committed - you will need a family law attorney to help you.  This is not the time for you to attempt to heal him, and in order for him to heal HIMSELF, he needs the help of professionals;  you need therapy also to help you deal with this.  Take care of yourself first, your children need you and depend on you being healthy.  Good luck, Hun. 

afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 5, 2013 at 7:33 PM
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 5:22 PM

I have no advice but wanted to wish you luck.  I hope things improve.

zomgkerrie
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:04 PM

I'm sorry dear :( I would help him through this, and then re-evaluate where you want to be with him. I'm not sure he sounds the most stable right now, and he isn't treating you well :< sorry that this is such a difficult time for you all

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN