Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Spin off! What is one thing that you do that you or others find weird/annoying

Posted by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM
  • 22 Replies

Reading the other post just got me thinking about weird little quirks that i have that people find weird/annoying.

One of my biggest ones is for some reason whenever i am falling asleep i make little humming and squeaky noises! Especially if i am falling asleep somewhere besides bed like if i pass out watching a movie or during a long car ride or something. I have caught myself doing it before and it always seems so strange to me but there's nothing i can do to stop it. DH thinks it is cute. Most everyone else thinks its funny lol

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:32 PM

DH thinks my feet are weird because I can move my toes independantly from each other.  He doesn't want my feet anywhere near his body and even tells me to wear socks so he doesn't have to see them. lol  Not sure if it's more weird that I can do that or that he feels that strongly about them.

villagemamma
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:33 PM

LOL my hubby and DH are the same way. they have silly little finger toes.

Quoting BonitaM:

DH thinks my feet are weird because I can move my toes independantly from each other.  He doesn't want my feet anywhere near his body and even tells me to wear socks so he doesn't have to see them. lol  Not sure if it's more weird that I can do that or that he feels that strongly about them.

CafeMom Tickers
momofsunshine77
by on May. 2, 2013 at 8:50 PM

I am a total clean freak!!!  I think some people would look at me weird.  One of my friends cae to my house for the first time when DH was working and first thing she said was - WOW your house is clean, mine is a mess.  LOL

villagemamma
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2013 at 8:53 PM

LOL i wish that was my weirdest quirk! lol. Most people come over and see my house extra clean and ask if i have something special going on lol. I dont have a dirty house just definitely "lived in" lol

Quoting momofsunshine77:

I am a total clean freak!!!  I think some people would look at me weird.  One of my friends cae to my house for the first time when DH was working and first thing she said was - WOW your house is clean, mine is a mess.  LOL

CafeMom Tickers
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on May. 3, 2013 at 3:11 AM

I have quite a few ... I'm a real weirdo .. always have been.

1. I talk in my sleep a lot and frequently I'm told, I also cry or laugh aloud in my sleep so loud that I wake myself up bc of it. lol

2. When I'm with people I know well and am comfortable with I (without realizing it at the time) change my voice to different voices for different people I am referring to in a conversation and use sound effects when telling poeple about something that happened and sometimes get so into my story that I stand right up and start acting out parts of it without realizing it (I dont do that with people I dont know or in public probably bc I am more self conscious).

3. Ever since middle school when I took typing 1,2 and 3 I have had a habit (without realizing I am doing it -other people will laugh and point it out) I not always, but frequently air type or type on my leg everything someone says to me or on tv or signs we pass driving by etc. lol Similarily also without realizing I'm doing it until someone says something to me or starts laughing about it, I sometimes move my mouth as to silently mouth the words of everything the person who is talking to me is saying. I have no idea why. I told them I'm sorry, I can't help it, at least you know I pay close attention and listen though. LOL

4. I'm ocd about clean home and no clutter and being organized, to the point that even if lets say toilet paper is on sale, we are still not allowed to get more than ONE week's worth of anything bc I feel it feels cluttering to store extra stuff and I cant stand it. (I got like that after having to live with ex husband who had hoarding tendencies that bothered me to my core).

5. I have an accent that is different from other people in Michigan even though I grew up in Michigan and lived here all my life. Even other people in Michigan will ask me where I am from and I'll say HERE! People can never pinpoint where they THINK I sound like I am from, they'll say they never heard that kind of accent before. I HATE it and wish it would go away but I'm 45 and its still here darn thing UGH. It's from me living in a certain city of Michigan while growing up. Alpena in northern MI on Lake Huron about 1 1/2 hrs south of the mackinac bridge, its a mix of Michigan accent, tiny hints of U.P. accent, some say tiny hints of canadian accent and then mixed in with 100% Polish family on both sides w/ great grandparents coming straight from Poland, all mixed together. That is what my accent is. My husband thinks it cute and my kids think its funny.

6. I'm phobically afraid of spiders and centipedes and I can literally not help but SCREAM when I see one and panic trying to get as far away as I can (almost caused car accident on expressway when little spider was in car, I couldnt help myself I felt out of control panicky afraid)

7. I say Awwwww (as in a sweet endearing way) a LOT.

8. I have a serious issue with humidty and sweat it disgusts me so badly to me its like someone pissed all over you. I avoid it like a plague. Needless to say I HATE summer.

I dont want to take up the whole post with my long list of weirdness but I can tell you there are even more. lol

YVONNE

MixedCooke
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:18 AM

my mother raised me to start what i finish, so i often push myself to finish everything that I start.

villagemamma
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 2:24 PM

LOL i was raised the first 6 years of my life in michigan but then we moved to oregon. My moms family is all from boston and new york and my dads family is all from south dakota and minnasota. People make fun of my mix of accents lol. Depending on my mood and who i am talking to i tend to take on a variety of accents lol

Quoting earthangel1967:

1. I talk in my sleep a lot and frequently I'm told, I also cry or laugh aloud in my sleep so loud that I wake myself up bc of it. lol

2. When I'm with people I know well and am comfortable with I (without realizing it at the time) change my voice to different voices for different people I am referring to in a conversation and use sound effects when telling poeple about something that happened and sometimes get so into my story that I stand right up and start acting out parts of it without realizing it (I dont do that with people I dont know or in public probably bc I am more self conscious).

3. Ever since middle school when I took typing 1,2 and 3 I have had a habit (without realizing I am doing it -other people will laugh and point it out) I not always, but frequently air type or type on my leg everything someone says to me or on tv or signs we pass driving by etc. lol Similarily also without realizing I'm doing it until someone says something to me or starts laughing about it, I sometimes move my mouth as to silently mouth the words of everything the person who is talking to me is saying. I have no idea why. I told them I'm sorry, I can't help it, at least you know I pay close attention and listen though. LOL

4. I'm ocd about clean home and no clutter and being organized, to the point that even if lets say toilet paper is on sale, we are still not allowed to get more than ONE week's worth of anything bc I feel it feels cluttering to store extra stuff and I cant stand it. (I got like that after having to live with ex husband who had hoarding tendencies that bothered me to my core).

5. I have an accent that is different from other people in Michigan even though I grew up in Michigan and lived here all my life. Even other people in Michigan will ask me where I am from and I'll say HERE! People can never pinpoint where they THINK I sound like I am from, they'll say they never heard that kind of accent before. I HATE it and wish it would go away but I'm 45 and its still here darn thing UGH. It's from me living in a certain city of Michigan while growing up. Alpena in northern MI on Lake Huron about 1 1/2 hrs south of the mackinac bridge, its a mix of Michigan accent, tiny hints of U.P. accent, some say tiny hints of canadian accent and then mixed in with 100% Polish family on both sides w/ great grandparents coming straight from Poland, all mixed together. That is what my accent is. My husband thinks it cute and my kids think its funny.

6. I'm phobically afraid of spiders and centipedes and I can literally not help but SCREAM when I see one and panic trying to get as far away as I can (almost caused car accident on expressway when little spider was in car, I couldnt help myself I felt out of control panicky afraid)

8. I have a serious issue with humidty and sweat it disgusts me so badly to me its like someone pissed all over you. I avoid it like a plague. Needless to say I HATE summer.

I dont want to take up the whole post with my long list of weirdness but I can tell you there are even more. lol

CafeMom Tickers
JDsWifey
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 5:27 PM

My voice changes depending on whom I'm talking to and I'm usually totally unaware of doing it.

I have slight OCD and things that are not lined up or symmetrical bother me...my oldest daughter moves stuff on purpose to screw with me LOL.

I carry antibacterial wipes with me everywhere and always insist that my family members clean their hands after touching things out and about. I also make everyone wipe down their place at the table in restaurants.

cox3
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:52 PM
I sleep with my eyes half open. My Dh and sil and bil all made fun of me. Sometimes my dd's do it to. Lol
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on May. 4, 2013 at 5:13 AM

Quoting villagemamma:

LOL i was raised the first 6 years of my life in michigan but then we moved to oregon. My moms family is all from boston and new york and my dads family is all from south dakota and minnasota. People make fun of my mix of accents lol. Depending on my mood and who i am talking to i tend to take on a variety of accents lol

Quoting earthangel1967:

hahaha sounds like a bit of a similar case to mine where people are confused bc they can't figure out where to place you from according to accent, they are like where are you from? What kind of accent is that?  I've been able to eliminate the strength of it over the years but its still obvious to other people despite my efforts. sigh

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)