Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

well, it's over

Posted by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
Our relationship has been rocky for some time now, n in truth I should have ended things years ago.

but you know, something about a family n children..
you just want to make sure you tried, ya know? that you weren't a big fat giver upper.

We never married, in truth he is still legally married to his ex. (Clue #1 right?) We were great for the first year or so, then the economy hit, he lost his job. n we had to stay with his parents. that was 4 years ago in August.
He couldn't find another job right away, his mother I guess thought she was helping soothe his woes, n would slip him some of her pain meds, depression meds, whatever... he changed. I should have left then, but who gives up on their man when he's down? (I should have) .
Things steadily got worse so I left to my home state, got a job and was doing ok.. we got along long distance, and everyone said he'd changed for the better, so of course he asked me to come back.
N of course I did, n of course it wasn't any. different.
you know I'm glad I did, his mother died a month later. I stood beside him, but he eventually went back to being an ass towards me.
. he convinces me in March to move to his home state with him, he would change because he'd be less stessed, happier. I fought it but I caved. I would be closer to my family by half the miles.
before the attitude was one if ignoring me, or acting indifferent to me like I was a piece of furniture. snapping at me, but since we have been here, its turned from mental abuse to verbal n even downright physical, yesterdays actions were my last straw. his family stood n watched while he beat me, lied to the cops in their home town when they got here, n are hiding him somewhere.
My family is on their way for me n our boys. I'm scared, stressed, sore
exhausted.

anyway.
yeah. :-/
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow!... Well no use sulking in what you shoulda, coulda, woulda done. Be glad you're escaping with your life and gets your kids to a better place. One good thing is that you have family to rely on. Good luck with everything going forward.

TommyAbby
by Melissa on May. 3, 2013 at 3:43 PM

:( Sorry 

AngelicMommy_72
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:45 PM
I know it
. they're still 7 hrs away.

Quoting MrsLondon:

Wow!... Well no use sulking in what you shoulda, coulda, woulda done. Be glad you're escaping with your life and gets your kids to a better place. One good thing is that you have family to rely on. Good luck with everything going forward.

L72
by on May. 3, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

RUN for the hills, girl, with your kids and don't look back!  Brighter future for you ahead.  No woman deserves to get beat (except in proper self defense, etc.).  Chin up and pray, God will find a way for you. Important to surround yourself with good people including family, try also joining a good church - whatever you follow.  Studies have shown that people with some spiritual element in their lives handle stress better.  So sorry, and God bless.  If you are a Christian, google Psalm 46, or read it in the Biblem and keep praying. 

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you're getting out.  You have a bright future ahead of you.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will get there.

notadramamama
by Member on May. 3, 2013 at 3:59 PM
1 mom liked this

It takes a lot of courage to leave abusive relationships.  I'm glad you have family who will help.

AngelicMommy_72
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:14 PM
I know it
. they're still 7 hrs away.

Quoting MrsLondon:

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 3, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I guess I don't understand why you got into a "serious" relationship with a married man in the first place?
AngelicMommy_72
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:55 PM
I was lied to. simple enough for you?
It was an extravagant lie, papers n all.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

I guess I don't understand why you got into a "serious" relationship with a married man in the first place?

AngelicMommy_72
by on May. 3, 2013 at 4:57 PM
And! they'd been seperated, she was in another town across Texas in her own relationship.

Quoting ReadWriteLuv:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)