Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My niece is graduating from high school next month and her and her bf are getting married today with the blessings of both parents.  Would you prefer your kids lived with their partners for a while or would you prefer they get married?  My niece is now 18 and personally I'd rather young people should live together first as opposed to getting married so young. 

by on May. 4, 2013 at 6:09 AM
Replies (21-22):
rfhsure
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:44 AM
1 mom liked this

people are such sticklers about marriage first, living together next. god if I had married one of my exes first.....thatd be asking for a divorce. I think living together is important, it gives you a taste of what you're in for and gets you used to that persons idiosyncracies. thats how you really know if you can tolerate them for life or not.

Mamitamaria
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Quoting rfhsure:

god if I had married one of my exes first.....thatd be asking for a divorce. I think living together is important, it gives you a taste of what you're in for and gets you used to that persons idiosyncracies. thats how you really know if you can tolerate them for life or not.

I agree that NOT living together in many situations is setting the couple up for divorce. I think that the old ideas about not living together (and no sex) before marriage are out-dated and don't translate well into the modern world.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)