Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Some things men can not buy

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
  • 31 Replies
There are some things men just can not buy. I just learned that my husband should not be allowed to buy toilet paper. He bought cottonelle because it was cheapest, and although I love that he tried to save money, the toilet paper sucks. It works just fine and is soft, but the roll just doesn't last more than a day.
For my parents it was junk food. My dad was not allowed to buy junk food for the family because he only bought fritos and dip.
Are there certain things your SO can't buy?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EmilysMom2010
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope. He does all the shopping.
catrig
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:33 PM

A list is required, so is a very descript description of the item and it's location, and a pic of item if possible.  My wife has Asperger's and has a hard time finding items if they are not exactly where expected.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Not that I can think of. He is the type that if he isn't sure he'll call and ask so that he doesn't bring home the wrong brand.

In our house though, we have a lot of sensitivities/allergy so bringing home the wrong brand can be more than just annoying.

beans13
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM
If he goes to the store, the only thing we end up with is sweets.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:45 PM
My sister has trouble like that sometimes. She once told me the store stopped selling soda because they moved it to the chip aisle during a huge renovation. I felt really bad because that was the one thing she had to look for. She doesn't have asperger's but she didn't have the patience to walk around the store with us and needed tasks. I truly though women didn't have asperger's though. I'm a little surprised to learn I was wrong.

Quoting catrig:

A list is required, so is a very descript description of the item and it's location, and a pic of item if possible.  My wife has Asperger's and has a hard time finding items if they are not exactly where expected.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:46 PM
That makes sense. My dh isn't the type to call and ask, but I am. So that's what I do if I'm picking stuff up for him.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Not that I can think of. He is the type that if he isn't sure he'll call and ask so that he doesn't bring home the wrong brand.

In our house though, we have a lot of sensitivities/allergy so bringing home the wrong brand can be more than just annoying.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:47 PM

They can.  It's just not as common.  My wife is also a mtf transgender so biologically she is male.

Quoting polkaspots:

My sister has trouble like that sometimes. She once told me the store stopped selling soda because they moved it to the chip aisle during a huge renovation. I felt really bad because that was the one thing she had to look for. She doesn't have asperger's but she didn't have the patience to walk around the store with us and needed tasks. I truly though women didn't have asperger's though. I'm a little surprised to learn I was wrong.

Quoting catrig:

polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:48 PM
My dh thinks fig newtons and nature's valley products are junk food. I'm a little jealous of you having a man that know his way around the sweets aisle.

Quoting beans13:

If he goes to the store, the only thing we end up with is sweets.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:50 PM
How do you do that? I mean make lists with pictures for her. I would imagine that's very time consuming when it seems like it would be easier to go shopping together or by yourself.

Quoting catrig:

They can.  It's just not as common.  My wife is also a mtf transgender so biologically she is male.

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting catrig:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catrig
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

I do most of the grocery shopping.  I have taken pictures of items I know she may have to buy.  If I need her to pick them up, I send them to her phone.  The last time she had to do grocery shopping was when I was pregnant with our son.  He's now two.  Anything else that's picked are snacks.  She can find those ok.

Quoting polkaspots:

How do you do that? I mean make lists with pictures for her. I would imagine that's very time consuming when it seems like it would be easier to go shopping together or by yourself.

Quoting catrig:

Quoting polkaspots:

Quoting catrig:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)