Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Heartbroken and wish he would understand...

Posted by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

8 years ago, DH and I had to move in with his Dad in this small town...As the years have gone by, I have started to realize that everyone here has deep history-as with most small towns-and thats fine. The problem is, its not the history I want and the more I know and see the more disappointed and freaked out I get. DH has a bad group of friends-he has ditched most of the guys who do heavy drugs but his closest is still on some stuff...A lot of his friends had history with the cops but most seem to have stopped getting in trouble by now. So two years ago we moved into a mobile home park where we knew some people (mutual friends we had made). Those people have moved out and out new neighbors include his (very recent) ex girlfriend from a split up a few years ago, an old ex of his friends (they use to swap girls but he says this one wasnt one of those. He could be lying), his drug addicted friend, and (semi-positively) his mother, sister, and father with new wife...

The inlaws can be overbearing but it wasnt bad like I thought it would be but the ex and the other...I just dont know what to do. I want to be around people who bring me up and he just wants to be around people. In my area, his friends are about all we have to choose from. I just walked out in my yard and his ex was with his best friends wife (walking by) walking shit about me...Is it too much to want to leave a place where I dont feel welcome, comfortable, or safe? He thinks its about his mom and I try to explain that its not. What do I do? It seems like the harder I try to move up in life, the further away he is.

by on May. 5, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
connie45
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Who would ever want to spend the rest of their lives living in a mobile home park? Egads!

Make some near future plans to move out. Take some positive action yourself. Save up money. Start looking at housing options. Make a plan. You are not powerless in changing the current situation.
polkaspots
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Work hard, save money and move out. Spend as little as possible until you can move somewhere you feel comfortable.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 5, 2013 at 6:47 PM

i say pack up and leave! make bigger and better plans for your life. i mean come on... he has to understand this right

weddingcountdown.com

enlightened_24
by on May. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM

The thing is we were homeless 8 years ago. We went from living with relatives, to an efficiency apartment, worked our way up to the biggest two room they had, then got a trailer. I am DEFINITELY not living in a MHP forever. Wanting to get back into school so I can get an even better job to make more money. THis is the first job I have gotten with my degree and its non profit so I am sitting tight for a while watching the market while I get experience for my resume :) Plans in action, ladies! Have no doubt I am not a sitting duck.

Lindalou907
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Atta girl!

Quoting enlightened_24:

The thing is we were homeless 8 years ago. We went from living with relatives, to an efficiency apartment, worked our way up to the biggest two room they had, then got a trailer. I am DEFINITELY not living in a MHP forever. Wanting to get back into school so I can get an even better job to make more money. THis is the first job I have gotten with my degree and its non profit so I am sitting tight for a while watching the market while I get experience for my resume :) Plans in action, ladies! Have no doubt I am not a sitting duck.

Amberleigh81
by Member on May. 5, 2013 at 9:17 PM
I understand. We moved to my husband's hometown when we were first married.

He reverted to behaving like a teenager. It took me five years to convince him to move, but once we did, things were so much better.

Do what I did. Make plans to move, with or without him. He can join you in your better life, or you can make a better life for yourself.
enlightened_24
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Well, he told me last night we could move. It will be hard to save since we struggle as is but I will make it work. We cant go far as he convinced his entire family to move here, but a 5 minute drive with better neighbors is a great start!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN