Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

how do you know?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:06 AM
  • 31 Replies
How do you know when you are ready to have a baby? You k ow my dd was an oopsie but I have baby brain.

When I start to think about it though I panic. Diapers and bottles and burp raga oh my. How do you k ow when you are ready?
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AlannaMaria
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM
Neither of mine were planned. I think it's normal to be a little nervous and think about all those things.
sweetr0se
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:33 AM

I wouldn't know, mine wasn't planned and I'm not having another one for a while! I would guess when you are ready to stay up nights and ready to alter your life for someone else at all time!

Wifemom.midwife
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM

With our firdt my husband asked. We were young but married a couple years so it seemed like the next step.

Our second was bc I got baby fever, he was a year when that hit and we waited a couple months before ttc.

Our 3rd was a choice, our middle was 18 months and we didn't want them far apart. We sat and chatted for a few hours and then decided to try, I was already ovulating that cycle so we figured it would at least bc next month but I got pregnant that day.

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Thank you. I just can't shake the feeling. One sister is saying hell no one sister says go for it

Quoting AlannaMaria:

Neither of mine were planned. I think it's normal to be a little nervous and think about all those things.
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:49 AM
When you can handle it physically, emotionally and financially. Neither of mine were planned. But when I think about trying for another, I think about how rough my pregnancies were. Also, PPD hit hard with my youngest and I was in denial about it for a long time. I'm just now getting over it and she's going on 2.5 years. We're just now getting back on our feet. We're thinking about vacations and all. Having another baby will just set us back. As much as I would love to try for a little boy, I don't think that will ever happen. But I'm okay with that because I have two beautiful girls that will be able to experience more of the world since we decided no more babies.
shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:52 AM
One more thing. Maybe do a pro/con list about having another baby. That's what me and my husband did and it helped a ton!
Chaoz_Girl7311
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM

our first was planned together, and with it being my first I was freaking out, writing down everything possible I thought I would need for when the baby came. and to be honest 50% of it (which was a lot i got from my baby shower) was never even used. Now DH, is on a baby kick and keeps throwing out hints for another, I would love to say yes but we need to wait a few more months, at least till DD is 2. But no matter how many kids you have I dont think you'll every feel 100% ready, its normal to be nervous. But IMO I do think after your first is born and you get to their toddler stage, and you've been through everything from diapers to spit up, the 2nd would only be natural to be a little easier because then you know what to expect and how to handle everything becuase you've had experience with your first!

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Thanks. You know. I keep thinking we are in the middle of renovating our house and we wouldn't have a nursery, but a baby doesn't have to have a nursery. My first didn't. And all i can do is talk to my husband. I keep telling myself i will always talk myself out of it if i want to kwim? I don't know.

Thanks girl

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

One more thing. Maybe do a pro/con list about having another baby. That's what me and my husband did and it helped a ton!
justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:55 AM
our dd is 9. That's why I feel like hmmmm when will we have another kwim?

Quoting Chaoz_Girl7311:

our first was planned together, and with it being my first I was freaking out, writing down everything possible I thought I would need for when the baby came. and to be honest 50% of it (which was a lot i got from my baby shower) was never even used. Now DH, is on a baby kick and keeps throwing out hints for another, I would love to say yes but we need to wait a few more months, at least till DD is 2. But no matter how many kids you have I dont think you'll every feel 100% ready, its normal to be nervous. But IMO I do think after your first is born and you get to their toddler stage, and you've been through everything from diapers to spit up, the 2nd would only be natural to be a little easier because then you know what to expect and how to handle everything becuase you've had experience with your first!

shaunaleigh418
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM
Neither of my kids had nurseries. How many little ones do you have now? How old?

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Thanks. You know. I keep thinking we are in the middle of renovating our house and we wouldn't have a nursery, but a baby doesn't have to have a nursery. My first didn't. And all i can do is talk to my husband. I keep telling myself i will always talk myself out of it if i want to kwim? I don't know.

Thanks girl

Quoting shaunaleigh418:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN