Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Is it possible to love your SO without caring about them?

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM
  • 30 Replies

My So told me yesterday that, "right now all I care about is my son."

Which implies that he doesn't care about me "right now".

So, the way I see it is, he told me that he doesn't care about me. 

But then last night he told me that he loves me. 

So I'm wondering, is it possible to love someone without caring about them?

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Umm no. You have to have care in order to love. Unless he said I don't care about you. I wouldn't think he didn't. He communicated something he is feeling. Now if he walked around acting like a dick you would wonder why he wasn't communicating.
vinalex0581
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:36 AM

I asked him 3 times if he cared about me and he just said I only care about my son right now. 

I read that as "I don't care about you right now."

I don't know how else to read that. 

And he has acted like a dick to me multiple times. 

In the past he has choked me, slapped me, hit me, kicked me and his 15 day old son out of the house. Called me a bitch, slut, whore and cunt. 

Told me he regrets being with me, has told me I hope you die. Has told me to choke on my food. And the list goes on. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

Umm no. You have to have care in order to love. Unless he said I don't care about you. I wouldn't think he didn't. He communicated something he is feeling. Now if he walked around acting like a dick you would wonder why he wasn't communicating.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:42 AM
3 moms liked this
So if he did all that why is him Caring about you a priority. Get the hell away.

Quoting vinalex0581:

I asked him 3 times if he cared about me and he just said I only care about my son right now. 

In the past he has choked me, slapped me, hit me, kicked me and his 15 day old son out of the house. Called me a bitch, slut, whore and cunt. 

Told me he regrets being with me, has told me I hope you die. Has told me to choke on my food. And the list goes on. 

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

lillybug222
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:48 AM
You're reading too far into his exact words & shouldn't be spending time analyzing them. Instead, you should be focusing on other problems within your relationship that may have led to him feeling the way he does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amberleigh81
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:52 AM
5 moms liked this
Wow. He's shown you IN ACTIONS that he doesn't care about you OR LOVE YOU.

You need to NOT be with him. It's not safe for you OR your child.

Women who stay with abusive men are just as guilty of child abuse as that man. Even if he never hits your kid, do you want your child growing up thinking that behavior is okay?????
ZsMommy
by on May. 6, 2013 at 8:54 AM
3 moms liked this

And you continue to stay with him,why?

Quoting vinalex0581:

Quoting Mommabearbergh:

LuvingMy3Girls
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 8:58 AM
You need to leave. I'm so sorry. I know that is hurtful to hear but you deserve way better
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsfitz05
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

In reading your original post, I was going to ask for the context. Reading your replies, I don't need to ask the context. I am shocked that so many women still need to ask this question. I get that actually leaving would be more difficult than I could possibly understand but if you don't KNOW at this point you SHOULD leave then I'm not sure we can help you here.

He doesn't love you and he doesn't love his son. If he loved his son, he couldn't treat his son's mother that way.

aimesnyc
by Amy on May. 6, 2013 at 9:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Actions speak louder than words.  His actions are abusive and obviously show a lack of love and care.  Whether he cares about you or not should not be of your concern.  You need to leave and get out of that dangerous situation. 

sweetr0se
by on May. 6, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Get the hell away from that guy ASAP! I think it's a stupid questions, HELL NO he doesn't love you, you're just someone to do his slave work! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN