Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know where your SO is? -EDIT-

Posted by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 63 Replies

Does your SO tell you when he's going to belate for work? Or if he is going to run arrends or simply leave the house.

We've only been married 3 months and I see this trend. He's usually home at 3:15 and it's almost 4:00. I have no idea where he is. I trust him but i think it's odd. If I'm going to be out and about I just let him know.

How's your dynamic?

EDIT- and if he does come home late do you have ot ask him where he was or does he volunteer the information? Just seems odd. I have to ask: "where were you, youre late". If I come home after what ever doings I say "honey I...."

by on May. 6, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1squishysmom
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I always know. We own our own businesses, and he goes where I schedule him to go. I don't give him time to do anything between jobs. Haha. Poor guy doesn't get a break

MayMommy07
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Does he have a phone? I usually text DH. Hey where are you? Making dinner in a few! But I hate not knowing. I tell him where I'm going....just let him know you are wondering and concerned....
SP_Mama
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:08 PM

He usually sends me a text when he's leaving work and if he's going to stop somewhere he lets me know then.  There's been a few times, he's been so ready to leave work and doesn't text and if I don't hear from him by a certain time, I'll text him.  If he doesn't respond, it's because he's on his way home and usually pulls into the garage a few minutes after I text.

Luv.My.Kidz
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I always know where DF is.... I have a tracker on his ass! LOL j/k but seriously he always tells me where he is.... I usually do all of my running around while he's at work so I don't really tell him where I'm going.

ReadWriteLuv
by Casey on May. 6, 2013 at 5:12 PM

He's an adult. Unless it's really late, (like several hours), I just assume he had things to do. We don't keep tabs on one another, at least, I don't try to keep tabs on him. 

Autumn355
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:28 PM

its possible you just have a very independent man. Sometime Dh will be late from work and not tell me but he does respond to my text. My father, however, never really tells my step mom anything, Lol! He is just really independent like that. They have been married like 25 years though, shes used to it.

OHgirlinCA
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Yes, we know what the other is doing.  It's about courtesy. 

Jess4907
by Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:40 PM
DF always tells me where he his. He tells me where he's going before he leaves the house, he calls while his out, he usually always calls me on his breaks at work, and he lets me know if he's going to be late. And he usually always asks if its ok with me if he goes fishing or over to a friends house or whatever...I don't make him tell me or ask for permission lol It's just something he has always done.
MrsImperfect
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2013 at 5:41 PM
Yeah he usually tells me everywhere hes going. Or if hes gonna be late. I panic easily. So he keeps me up to date. Even if hes being longer than expected.
ballerina.2006
by on May. 6, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Dh works over an hour away. He always texts me when he leaves work. If he isn't home around the time he should be (time wise) I'll text and ask where he is. Sometimes traffic is horrible or there's an accident so it's nice to know since the kids go to bed shortly after dh gets home.

Otherwise we rarely run errands wihout each other. If he does go to the store alone it's not a big deal and I'm not worried about when he comes home.

I'm due with #3 in about 8 weeks so he stays close to home or close to a phone if he's working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)