Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

My hubby, an awesome provider and I'm complaining?

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM
  • 147 Replies
7 moms liked this

So my hubby is awesome. We just had our son 5 months ago and I like to think were pretty happy. He is an amazing provider and I try to show him I appreciate it by making him lunch's and dinner, keeping the house picked up and of course taking care of our son. My only issue here is that he leaves before we wake up and then isn't home till 7 or 8 at night. Our son goes to bed at least by 10. And I don't think it would be so bad if he got days off or a weekend but he barely takes one and when he gets one he sleeps most the day, which I understand becuase I know he works hard. I'm glad he sleeps but I just wish he would take more time off so we could spend it together. I just am getting so lonely. Am I just being selfish and a whiner? :S

by on May. 7, 2013 at 2:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alaskadreams
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:00 AM
3 moms liked this

No I don't think you are being selfish.  my DH works nights so when he does get his days off...well they kinda suck because the first day off- half of it is slept away because he worked all night and then the second day off he sleeps because he has to go back to work.  Stinks because we rarely seem him.  He's a "phantom" husband.  So i totally hear ya and see where you are coming from

twweaty
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 3:05 AM
8 moms liked this
Communication is key ! Tell him how you feel ... Come up with ideas to solve the problem together. And if you don't agree on a solution ask for compromise. Such as ... If he won't take an extra day or two for you and baby, ask him to come home early for you and baby.
webberley12
by on May. 7, 2013 at 3:06 AM
11 moms liked this
I feel like a single mom sometimes
TommyAbby
by Melissa on May. 7, 2013 at 7:33 AM

What type of job does he have that he works that much???? 

MayMommy07
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 7:55 AM
1 mom liked this
You aren't a whiner. You need quality time with him...definitely ask him hey can we have a day together for a family outing or a day to hang at the house. He needs time with you as well to much work and no down time...he will get burned out quickly.Good luck!
chillemi78
by on May. 7, 2013 at 8:23 AM
4 moms liked this
There is nothing wrong with missing your husband when he works a lot. Its not like you don't understand the necessity of him working. Is there a reason he is working so much and not taking time off? Saving for something or paying off a debt? Or just concerned about expenses now with a baby? If so, maybe you as the SAHM could find more ways to save around the house so his earnings go further. Or do the legwork with banks and financial planners to set up a good savings plan. Talk to him and see what his reasons are. Try to see where he is coming from and let him know you appreciate his hard work, but miss him also.
CorpCityGrl
by Bronze Member on May. 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM

No, I don't think you are being selfish.  With a baby in the mix, you are seeking some quality down time with him which is normal.  I think you want to keep the connection with him alive and there is nothing wrong with that.  On his end, he needs to learn how to balance work and family/life better.

Talk to him and let him know how you feel.  You never know - he may feel the same way.  Having a baby is a huge adjustment for everyone involved and you two have to actively work together to make time for each other. 

Mommyof5247
by on May. 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM
1 mom liked this
You're not being selfish. He needs to make time for your relationship. IF one of us wants "us time" & if my DH can't take a day off because things are hectic at work, we spend lunch together. We make time even if it takes a little more energy.
Quoting twweaty:

Communication is key ! Tell him how you feel ... Come up with ideas to solve the problem together. And if you don't agree on a solution ask for compromise. Such as ... If he won't take an extra day or two for you and baby, ask him to come home early for you and baby.

SAHM BM of DS17, DD14, DD2, DD3mo. & CSM of SD7 & SS5

2lilmamas
by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:03 AM
There's nothing wrong with wanting quality time with your hubby. Have you expressed how you feel. Maybe he take some days every other week.
mamalynnsmith
by Member on May. 7, 2013 at 10:46 AM
4 moms liked this

been married18 years a stay at home mom for 17 years.  my husband works 7 days a week also. i know how you fell. i know the loneness you fell .  my husband works like this for a few reasons . the opportunity is there, he works at a ford plant  you don't know if or when you will be laid off, next is security he does not want to depend on anyone other than me. and last we want to send our boys to college so they do not have to work in a factory. what i do is spend as much time with as i can i tex him each day while he's at work i get up with him each morning make his breakfast  and send him off with a smile.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)