Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

And that's the end of that chapter! *Throws scarf over shoulder*

Posted by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM
  • 13 Replies

Df and I finally split. The arguments were getting too intense and the calms were becoming few and far between. I have to say, I'm actually relieved it's over. Now, what to do from here? I already have a rebound lined up after my mandatory three month wait. I've never put any thought into being a single parent. Our relationship was amazing up until Lily was born, but we were always under the impression "Things will work out". 

How do I do the single parent thing after being a SAHM and out of work for nearly two years? Before, it was difficult for me to get a job. Now, with having been out of work for nearly two years, it's going to be harder. I've applied at Walmart, even they won't take me. How do I do this? He even convinced me to sell my car so we could move closer to his parents. We're staying with XDF until I can, at least, become employed. 

by on May. 7, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulalacroix
by Bronze Member on May. 11, 2013 at 2:15 AM
1 mom liked this
I've been there and know how hard it is. Things may feel overwhelming but you can handle it. Just take things one day at a time, try not to be too hard on yourself, and every night think of one thing you are truly grateful for.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on May. 11, 2013 at 2:20 AM

I'm sorry for the difficulties you are going thru and I am relieved for you that things ARE going to get better. (I've been there before too with 4 kids /3 wspecial needs!/ and no child support for the first 2 yrs. But after that period of time our lives became better and happier for all of us than I would have ever dared to imagine is even possible on this earth and I hope and wish that for you too. Each day (even each difficult day) brings you ONE day closer to your brighter happier "tomorrow"

YVONNE

justpeachy71904
by Silver Member on May. 11, 2013 at 9:05 AM
2 moms liked this
I really think you need to stop.and breath. And the rebound, um no ma'am. Seriously not trying to sound like a bitch but focus on you and your child, finding a job and getting stable. Don't focus on finding a man to mooch off of.

If anything this should show you that you need to become a woman that can be able to stand alone. When my ex left me and my 6 month old (9yrs ago) I didn't lay down and cry or find another man. I got two jobs, an appt a car and got busy becoming a stable mother. Just so happened my wonderful husband walked into my life a yr later.

Focus on you.
coreilly89
by on May. 11, 2013 at 9:24 AM
Not sure you know what a rebound is, but it's nothing to do with "mooching" off of anyone.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

I really think you need to stop.and breath. And the rebound, um no ma'am. Seriously not trying to sound like a bitch but focus on you and your child, finding a job and getting stable. Don't focus on finding a man to mooch off of.

If anything this should show you that you need to become a woman that can be able to stand alone. When my ex left me and my 6 month old (9yrs ago) I didn't lay down and cry or find another man. I got two jobs, an appt a car and got busy becoming a stable mother. Just so happened my wonderful husband walked into my life a yr later.

Focus on you.

mommadana
by on May. 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM
I kind of agree with justpeachy. Now is not the time to be looking for a new man. Now is the time to be reflective and get your act together and get a game plan. See if you can gwt on with a Temp agency or a cleaning business or something at a hotel. I worked front desk and I also helped with housekeeping. Make lists and plan and map where you go from there. Hit up resources in community to get resume and interview skills up.
Gmgej
by Michele on May. 11, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You have a rebound lined up? Really? Holy shit............

coreilly89
by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:23 AM

Okay, so seeing as no one knows what a rebound is, I'll just say it here. It's sex. Purely sex. My "act" is perfectly fine. As, unlike many people who frequent here whom are devoid of logical reasoning, I know that my daughter's care and happiness comes before me getting over my ex through having sex with someone. I just don't know what to do until the ball is fully rolling. Your second half helped, though. 

Quoting mommadana:

I kind of agree with justpeachy. Now is not the time to be looking for a new man. Now is the time to be reflective and get your act together and get a game plan. See if you can gwt on with a Temp agency or a cleaning business or something at a hotel. I worked front desk and I also helped with housekeeping. Make lists and plan and map where you go from there. Hit up resources in community to get resume and interview skills up.

mommadana
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:09 AM
3 moms liked this
Im very familiar with a rebound. The problem can arise that you end up falling for said rebound and then you put yourself back in similar situation instead of getting your self straightened out. I was in the same rut and I told myself that I wasnt going to have any sex until I fix me first becaise I deserved to be more than a POA to some guy who doesnt respect me who has probably screwed more girls than fingers on a hand. Condoms break and STDs cant be washed off.

Quoting coreilly89:

Okay, so seeing as no one knows what a rebound is, I'll just say it here. It's sex. Purely sex. My "act" is perfectly fine. As, unlike many people who frequent here whom are devoid of logical reasoning, I know that my daughter's care and happiness comes before me getting over my ex through having sex with someone. I just don't know what to do until the ball is fully rolling. Your second half helped, though. 

Quoting mommadana:

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:39 AM

good luck

godsgirl26
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM
This.

Quoting justpeachy71904:

Focus on you.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN