Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Do you think of an ex when you're having problems!?!

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM
  • 47 Replies

My hubby and I have been together 3 years, married for almost 2 of those, have a 7 month old daughter, and we have our normal ups and downs. 

But sometimes, those downs outweigh the ups, and I find myself thinking about one of my exes...He was my first love, first heartbreak, first everything! We tried remaining friends, but the love that is still there is dangerous to our current relationships (in his words) 

I feel guilty for it...for thinking what my life would be like with this other man instead...especially because leaving during rough times is the easy way out, in my opinion. 

by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kagegirl
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM
4 moms liked this

If I do, it's only in the sense of Jesus Christ, I had to put up with this shit from that asshole too. Which then pisses me off more, because he wants to act like he is so much better than my exes, but he behaves JUST LIKE THEM sometimes.

beeky
by Alexandra on May. 8, 2013 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this

It's been over 28 years since I've had an ex.  I barely remember what he looks like and I probably wouldn't even recognize him now.  So no, I don't.

kidlover2
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:12 AM
1 mom liked this
My ex was my first love, my first everything... And he slowly changed into a drug addict who physically and verbally abused me. If I think about my ex at all in my current relationship, it's a sigh of relief that I'm not with him any more. Being in a relationship is like living in a house. The longer you're there, the more things you hate about it. ( the closets aren't big enough! The stairs creak! ) You can move; find a different house... The issues might be different, but I guarantee that they'll be there and you may find a cracked foundation instead of a creaky staircase.
pmsforlife
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:13 AM
Omfg same here!!

Quoting kagegirl:

If I do, it's only in the sense of Jesus Christ, I had to put up with this shit from that asshole too. Which then pisses me off more, because he wants to act like he is so much better than my exes, but he behaves JUST LIKE THEM sometimes.

JC2223
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:15 AM
2 moms liked this

No I don't. I've been with DH for 16 years, so I barely remember life before him. When we've had disagreements the only thing I image is a peaceful place I can go to ALONE!

kagegirl
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:34 AM

It is such a pain in the ass. Well, if I am just as bad as them, why are you even with me? Hey, dickweed, ask me that question enough and I will start asking it myself. Want to prove you are better? THEN FUCKING DO IT!!!!!!

Quoting pmsforlife:

Omfg same here!!

Quoting kagegirl:

AnGLInterrupted
by Kendall on May. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM

No, I do not.  I'm committed to my husband no matter what.  I said my vows and I intend to keep them.

alexislovesjr
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM

No but my ex's suck

kgsharber
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM

nope, sure don't.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope, none of my exes were important enough to really remember.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN