Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

How important is oral sex to you?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM
  • 167 Replies
1 mom liked this

How to Get Your Guy to Do the One Thing in Bed You Love the Most

by Jennifer Cullen

man's mouthHow important is oral sex to you?

Let's say that you love your man. And he loves you. The two of you have this really, really wonderful relationship. Except for this one thing: He doesn’t go down on you. You know what I mean. He's not a beaver whisperer or a believer in the art of cunnilingus.  

For some women, this might be okay. But for me, it would be a deal breaker. I think performing oral sex on each other is one of the greatest pleasures of intimacy. And happily, my husband and I are on the same page on this.

But if your guy is hesitant and you're looking to be on the receiving end, here are some things that you can do to help him find his way.

Give and you shall receive: Relationships shouldn’t be tit for tat but sometimes, they just are. It’s human nature. So give him the kind of pleasure that you want him to give you.

Dress it up: Put on a pair of sexy underwear. Make them lacy, crotchless -- or even just throw on an accentuating pair of boy shorts. I've learned to leave my granny panties in the drawer when I'm looking for a little oral.

Get a haircut: I'm a fan of the semi-Brazilian, but I understand that not everyone believes in a good waxing. Even so, a nice trim goes a long way. You could even try a sparkly vajazzling. I personally haven’t been bejeweled but I would do it for a special occasion.

Clean it up: Taking a shower together might alleviate an inexperienced man's fear of the unknown. Let him make you fresh and clean. Think of it as foreplay.

Be a guide: When you finally get him down there, let him know what moves make you feel good. You can even use your hands to gently point him in the right direction.

Most importantly, speak up. Men don’t always know what we want, especially when it comes to our bodies. We need to tell them. Talking about what turns you on will make you and your partner closer. And that has benefits beyond the bedroom.

Is no oral sex a deal breaker for you?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SalemWitchChild
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Not a deal breaker. But he wouldn't be as good at pleasuring me if he didn't.

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Hmmm it wouldn't have been a deal breaker but I don't have to worry about that thank goodness. DH is amazing :)

Italiancouture7
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:40 AM

We don't have oral sex anymore because I get frequent cold sores and I never know when they are coming. After consulting with my doctor we decided it wasn't worth the risk of possibly giving my husband genital herpes. And YES it CAN be transferred down there, your ignorant if you think it can't. Not everyone who gets cold sores gets them often but I do. Ever since I had kids my immune system hasn't been the same. Our sex life is fine without it. I mean ya it would be nice if we could but it's not the end of the world.

Megan11587
by Megan on May. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
9 moms liked this

Honestly, I'm not a fan.

dudestfd
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
3 moms liked this

Haha, that is the best part for me!! 

Proud-mama-05
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:44 AM
11 moms liked this

No it's not a deal breaker but fortunately for me my husband LOVES to do that and he's very good at it. He definitely gives more then he gets because I personally don't enjoy giving it so much. I have to be in "the right mood"

GarysWife1991
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:46 AM

It's very important to me but I'm not sure it's a deal breaker.  DH is great in that department so for now I don't have to worry about it.  I think dh would say the same thing about me and oral.

MommyO2-6631
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:53 AM
10 moms liked this
I'll perform oral sex on him but I hate oral sex being performed on me :/
aimesnyc
by Amy on May. 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Not a deal breaker.  I feel bad when he goes down on me because I rarely go down on him (mostly because he has such stamina that it hurts my jaws being down there so long...lol).  But he enjoys going down on me, and he's great at it! ;)

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Not a deal breaks, as a matter of fact I'm not a big fan.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)