Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Would you date a single father?

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
  • 81 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you date a single dad?

Options:

Yes

Yes - only if he had part-time custody

No

Other - please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 150

View Results

I've recently gotten back into the dating scene after my divorce a year ago and I've had a few mediocre dates. A friend of mine is now trying to hook me up with this dad friend of hers, but IDK. I have a kid of my own so I'd feel weird turning him down on the basis that he's a single parent, but at the same time, IDK if I'm ready for a guy with a kid?

Would you date a single dad?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RaLeighsMommy11
by Silver Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:41 AM
I'm going to say No but I'm going off how I would be if I did not have kids or was not married. I would not want to have that responsibility. Now if years down the road me & dh divorced which I don't see happening, circumstances may be different and I may consider it depending on the childs age etc
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe Steph
by Head Admin on May. 8, 2013 at 9:42 AM
1 mom liked this

I had to vote yes because, prior to dating and marrying my now husband, I dated a single dad and he was really awesome. The only thing about that was that he was a lot older than I and I went to high school with his oldest daughter who was actually a year ahead of me, lol.

alexislovesjr
by on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I would, even if I did not have kids myself. I have no problem with it.

viv212
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:45 AM
2 moms liked this
I used to say hell no all the time. I don't need the baby mama drama or little brats being disrespectful.

But you never know. When I met my boyfriend, he had his 3 girls 80% of the time. There was no baby mama drama (it's very minimal and they don't let it get out of hand) and his 3 girls are the most respectable fun girls I have ever met. He combs their hair, he makes main dishes for school functions (even turkey), he spends time with them and spoils them as well as me and my dd.

You never know unless you at least meet him.
Mommabearbergh
by Bronze Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this
If he was a widower. I don't plan to leave dh so if he dies one i can only see myself being able to date some who has lost a spouse I can't do baby momma drama
HeadKrobe8789
by Member on May. 8, 2013 at 9:49 AM
I would and have. My husband was a single father when I met him.
bellaaax3
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:00 AM

yes i would

BonitaM
by Platinum Member on May. 8, 2013 at 10:26 AM

No, I wouldn't. 

s.osborne
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

I would. I think it's silly expecting a guy to date you as a single mom, but you wouldn't date a single dad? Kinda hypocritical don't you think?

FireVixen
by on May. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Im marrying a single dad in a few months. I always swore No single parents.. didnt want to deal with the step drama. but Ive never been happier than I am with him and his little girl.

And if hes any kind of a dad, youll date him a bit before you meet the kid, so if it flops. so be it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)