Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Exes

Posted by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM
  • 32 Replies

Are any of you or your SOs friends with your ex/exes?  Why/why not?  Does it ever cause problems if you are?

by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jwick
by on May. 8, 2013 at 5:36 PM

I dont have any exes at all.  DH has quite a few.  His 1st exwife he is friends with, like good friends, she tells him about her doc appts.  His 2nd exwife he hates.  He also has a couple exgirlfriends hanging around, but they are not friends and hardly ever have any contact but I have met them and we/he runs into/hears from them every now and again. 

Never had any problems with it before but recent events have changed my views on what I find acceptable. Really having problems with his 1st ex...she seems to be getting a little jealous of the time he spends with me and our children.  Going to have to nip it in the bud before it causes problems.

BonitaM
by Ruby Member on May. 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM
1 mom liked this

No neither of us are.  When the relationships ended so did the contact.  I don't see the need to be friends with an ex.

TurboMom81
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Nope can't stand any of them. They are exes for a reason. Although is sucks royally that we live in the same building as DH's ex girlfriend.
kidlover2
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM
No I'm not friends with my ex-husband, but I have to interact with him for necessity. My fiancée has no contact with his ex wife but he does have some contact with an old flame of his that has openly told him that she wants to have sex with him. I trust him and have told him I feel uncomfortable with their interactions... We'll see what happens with it. He told me he's not willing to risk our relationship.
gonecrazi
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:43 PM

We are not friends with either set of exes,but I am civil to ds dad when come comes to pick him up.

mrs.hartman12
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Nope exes are the past. 

sahlady
by on May. 8, 2013 at 6:47 PM

I havent seen my ex-boy friend since we broke up 24 years ago.  He saw his 2nd to last ex about 10 years ago when he bumped into her in the city.  The one just before me he hasnet seen in about 24 years.

AlannaMaria
by on May. 8, 2013 at 7:41 PM
No. Neither of even live in the same state as our exes. We certainly wouldn't hang out with each others exes, but that's just us!
MagicTemptation
by Christina on May. 8, 2013 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
We are both still close to a few of our exes. Just because we didn't work out as partners doesn't mean we can't be great friends still. It has never caused an issue between us.
MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 8, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Uh no, because they are exes and there is no need, want or reason to be friends with them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN