Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Does your husband wear a wedding band?

Posted by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM
  • 95 Replies

Poll

Question: Does your husband wear a wedding band?

Options:

YES!

No way

Other - Please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 136

View Results

All the fuss over taking off MY rings made me think about the fact that HE doesn't wear one. When I pointed that out, he said, "Real men don't wear rings."

Does your man wear a wedding band?

by on May. 9, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
beeky
by Alexandra on May. 9, 2013 at 2:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes he does and tell your husband that real men don't freak out over something so trivial.

deadlights86
by Emily on May. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Not really but I don't wear mine either.
hazel1922
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:08 PM
1 mom liked this
My bf wears a band. Were obviously not married nor engaged. But he wears it when we go out. But not while at work because of what he does. seems like you dh is hiding something.
Bethsunshine
by on May. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM

Not to work because it's a safety hazard, but he wears it the rest of the time.

dipsetgrl06
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:09 PM
No and it doesn't bother me. Everyone knows he's married so its never an issue.
ashli488
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:10 PM

no but only because he lost his in kuwait while he was deployed. i am gettinghim a new one for fathers day from me.

MrsLondon
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Yep he does. All the time. I wear mine as well. We both forget from time to time but I still trust him regardless. DH is very much so a real man.
zoo003
by Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM

Neither my dh or I wear our wedding rings.  To us, the ring does not make the marriage.  Once again, to us, it is the commitment, love, faithfulness, respect, trust, communication, teamwork, laughter, etc that makes a marriage. 

amanda_mom89
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2013 at 2:13 PM
DH just now got a wedding band. (We've Ben married 3 years) I don't have one..just my engagement ring.
earthangel1967
by YVONNE on May. 9, 2013 at 2:16 PM
5 moms liked this

Yes he does 24/7 all day and night every day and night no matter where he goes or what he does. Even when we were engaged he wore it on his right ring finger until the day of the wedding then switched it to his married left hand. It'd deeply symbolic besides the black strip of onxyx symbolizes he always says his life was darkness and a living hell until me and our 5 kids came into his life like angels of light that cut all the way thru the darkness (so there is a strip of 7 little diamonds of light one for each of us in our family on the center strip.)

And this crap about real men not wearing rings is ridiculous, Todd is a high testerone, bodybuilder, supervisor manager boss at work in authority. As friendly as he is people still find him intimidating especially our young adult daughters boyfriends when they first meet him. Todd believes part of being a REAL Man is having the courage and strength to treat your wife like the most important woman alive. And to be a consistently ideal role model as a husband and father to show your kids what a GOOD husband and father looks like so that they will have those same high standards in their expectations and relationships when they grow up and not settle for less than best.

YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)