Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Wish you were single??

Posted by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM
  • 28 Replies
Does anyone else ever wish you were still single?
First let me say this, I love dh with all my heart. I love being married to him. Love our children. But lately there are days I just wish I was single! Dh & I have been together almost 5 yr, married 3 yrs. We have 2 dd's, 3 yrs old & 9 month & are expecting a boy in July. Since before dd was born things have just been boring. There is no excitement, no romance, no dates, talking is mostly about his work or something the kids did. I miss the fun times we had when we were dating. Going out with friends. Somedays I just want to cry because I feel so forgotten by dh. He thinks that everything we did before kids isn't necessary anymore. I just want some good old excitement again!
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyLos
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:54 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. And soon will be if dh doesnt pull his head out of his ass. Wont even see if coming...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviaW.
by on May. 10, 2013 at 10:56 PM
My dh and I are homebodies so we never really went out before kids. Maybe you should have a date night but at home. Get the kids to bed and have a nice meal and movie.
kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
Dh & I have also been homebodies. We used to cuddle up next to each other watch a movie, talk, make out etc. But no more. I've tried to get him to do date nights at home & he has zero interest! He thinks a date means spending money even when I tell him it won't. He says "no I just want to relax" or "why are you starting",

Quoting OliviaW.:

My dh and I are homebodies so we never really went out before kids. Maybe you should have a date night but at home. Get the kids to bed and have a nice meal and movie.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL oh heck no.  I don't ever wanna be single again, waaaaay too much work lol

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

alexsmomaubrys2
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Not even a little bit. I love my life with my husband, I couldn't imagine being happier without him.

kayleesmom42328
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:04 PM
I thought it was too before I met dh & got married but now I see marriage is more work. At least with dating or being single when your guy ticks you off you can leave, ignore his call or date someone else. I feel like a maid some day!

Quoting Anryan:

MrsApple
by Silver Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:06 PM

No way.My husband and I always make time for just us two,even if sometimes that's just cuddling up on the couch talking at night after our daughter is in bed.Couldn't be happier.

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I can understand that, believe me.  I have 2 men in my life, both live with me as well as DH's SO (another woman) and there are days i feel like a maid or a short order cook or a day care center....But on those days i dump the kids in whomever's lap that comes in the door first (i stay at home and they all work) and hit the tub or go to bed early. Typically when i feel like one or both of my guys is driving me insane i just step away for a few hours or even just long enough to walk around the block. 

If i change my train of thought then it seems like things get better.  When we get mired down in the muck, everything becomes muck...sometimes i just need to wash my glasses off lol

HUGS i hope things get better.

Quoting kayleesmom42328:

I thought it was too before I met dh & got married but now I see marriage is more work. At least with dating or being single when your guy ticks you off you can leave, ignore his call or date someone else. I feel like a maid some day!

Quoting Anryan:

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

beeky
by Alexandra on May. 10, 2013 at 11:27 PM

That's what happens when you have kids.  We've been there, done that, but they do grow up faster than you think.  Their growing independence gives you more independence which means more "couple time". 

That's when you start cultivating new interests and activities and re-building your social life.

Amybelle
by Bronze Member on May. 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope...with my DH over 30 yrs, married over 28. There is NO ONE in the world I'd rather share my Life with (& we have 5 children)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)