Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

we have a nanny+DH watched movie..

Posted by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM
  • 27 Replies
Hi. I need you guys!

I had to go back to work full time and as we have 2 kids we got a full time live-in nanny for the past 3.5 months. My DH has been diagnosed with depression, so he has been home as well.

On Saturday morning I saw he had watched the movie "The Housekeeper" which is a movie about a Korean nanny who has a wild affair with the man of the house. It is explicit and sexual and he locked the movie somehow (Netflix) so I can't watch it.

I am sooo upset. He "cancelled" mothers day and said he didn't want to celebrate (even though 2 days before he said he wanted to make my mom and I brunch and he bought bacon and eggs etc.

What would you do?
I told him it was incredibly disrespectful to watch that movie in our house! All he said was "ok" (instead of sorry or anything like that).

What would you do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Samantha431
by Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:37 AM
Note:our nanny is asian looking (philipino) and the woman on the front of the description looks like her (hair in ponytail cleaning bath).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hburnette3
by on May. 13, 2013 at 6:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I'd fire the nanny.

Seriously.

Gmgej
by Michele on May. 13, 2013 at 6:41 AM
10 moms liked this

Fire the nanny and tell dh since he is home he can watch the kids.

Krysden
by Platinum Member on May. 13, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Did you say anything else to him?  Like how it made you feel?  Or why you found it disrespectful?    If you've already talked about it & he knows how you feel then all you can really do is try to let it go.  Better to do that than stew on it and let it fester.

earthangel1967
by YVONNE on May. 13, 2013 at 9:12 AM
2 moms liked this

I wouldnt take any chances either I would have a serious heart to heart talk with hubby and try to get to the bottom of things and his attitude and I would not hesitate to fire the nanny, not worth the risk. Hubby can watch the kids until he gets a job and then I would find a nice good quality day care

YVONNE

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 13, 2013 at 9:28 AM
The Nanny would be going.. That's a little off to me.
MMerrill
by Melissa on May. 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Uh why would he lock it so you can't watch it?  That is all a little weird to me.

villagemamma
by Bronze Member on May. 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM

perfect solution

Quoting Gmgej:

CafeMom Tickers
Samantha431
by Member on May. 14, 2013 at 5:53 AM
The problem is that he has been diagnosed with depression so I need someone of sound mind(like the nanny) to take care of my very little kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on May. 14, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Quoting Gmgej:

Exactly what I was thinking
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)