Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Birth Control?

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM
  • 27 Replies

If you are on bc what kind are you on and do you have any side effects?

Claire Mom of two teens and one tween.in love

by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddiddlyumshis
by on May. 16, 2013 at 8:54 AM
i was on mirena, the side effect was pregnancy. lol.

i wouldnt recommend it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RheaF
by Silver Member on May. 16, 2013 at 8:58 AM

We use NFP and condoms for those 3-4 days a month when I am fertile.

shortyshorts25
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:01 AM

ive been on the depo ( wouldn't recommend it) i took it right before i left the hospital after my youngest was born and it gave me awful mood swings, and i was unable to lose any of the baby weight.. as soon as i got off of it i dropped 10lbs very quickly and i felt like my old self again... then i took just regular pills everyday but those made me bleed for over a month straight and i haven't yet tried the new one

aimesnyc
by Amy on May. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Nuva Ring.  Sometimes gives me headaches and makes a little more "fragrant" down there...lol.

GarysWife1991
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I'm on mirena but my oldest has been on the patch but starting to get a rash.  We have an appt to possibly switch her and are looking at the various options.  She's 16 and the gyn doesn't recommend mirena until they are at least 17.  Just looking for ideas.

Mom2wife1
by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I'm on lo loestren fe. I've been on it for a little over a month now. I like it so far for having to take a pill everyday. It is suppose to be the lowest dose of hormones and I still haven't had a period. I was on Mirena and I had really bad side effects, but like you said you aren't looking to put her one that. When I was your daughters age, I was on the depo shot. I didn't have any side effects with it but ppl have mixed feeling about it.

jojo_star
by Gold Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:26 AM

Ortho tri, the pill, no side effects, I love it. 

xoxRachelxox
by on May. 16, 2013 at 11:53 AM

I was on Depo before I had my two youngest and then Mirena. I hated Mirena. It gave me nothing but problems, even though my doctor tried to say it couldn't have. I had it removed and decided we were done having kids and got the Essure. So far, so good. 

Honestly, the best bc for me was Depo. I was on it for a long time (10 years) and never had a period. I did gain weight though but that's about it for side effects. 

jmjdj
by Bronze Member on May. 16, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting xoxRachelxox:

I was on Depo before I had my two youngest and then Mirena. I hated Mirena. It gave me nothing but problems, even though my doctor tried to say it couldn't have. I had it removed and decided we were done having kids and got the Essure. So far, so good.   This is exactly what happened to my cousin on Mirena...and her doctor told her there was no way that was causing her problems.  She made him take it out and all symptoms went away!

Honestly, the best bc for me was Depo. I was on it for a long time (10 years) and never had a period. I did gain weight though but that's about it for side effects.   I've also been on Depo for a long time and never had any problems.  I love it!!

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 16, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Bump! I was on the pill and got pregnant and decided to get my tubes tied!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)