Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Dental assistant

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:59 PM
  • 5 Replies
If your a dental assistant do you like it? How much schooling did you do? What kind of days/hours do you have? How much do you make money wise and how many years of experience do you have? Most importantly, do you like your profession?!
by on May. 16, 2013 at 9:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 16, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I'm not, but here's a bump for you.

BlessedAgain3
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 6:46 AM
What does bump mean
crysiann
by Member on May. 17, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I was a dental assistant. I did not go to school for it. I got on the job training. That is not allowed in some states anymore, but, since I had been one for so long, I wouldn't need the schooling, however, new assistants will. I loved it! I still do it once in a while for an old boss. I made decent money. When I left 3 years ago, I was making $17/hr. The one thing you should know is that a lot of dental offices do not offer health benefits anymore. Unless you get into a larger clinic. If there are less than 50 employees they do not have to offer benefits. Also, alot of dental offices are hiring for part time work, another way to avoid paying out for benefits. But, despite this, I love working in dental.

AlannaMaria
by Alanna on May. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM
It bumps your post to the top so that someone else will see it and hopefully have some answers for you. Good luck!

Quoting BlessedAgain3:

What does bump mean
Lauren79
by on May. 17, 2013 at 7:59 PM

My mom was a dental asst and went to school for 4 weeks, it was an experimental program to see if it would work, it's normally a 16 week program, keeping in mind this was back in 1980 or something like that, her class started with 25 people and when it came to the end of the 4 weeks there was only 3 graduates, my mom being one of them. Needless to say that was the only time they tried it, they went back to the 16 week program.

She worked at several clinics here in AK, but she ended up with one and stayed there till she retired in 96. She made good money and had great benefits through the doc she worked for, she worked M-F 9-6. But because she was a single mom and my dad was of no help she worked 2 extra jobs to take care of me.

She loved it and wishes now that she didn't retire, she's only 57 but had to retire due to medical.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)