Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Love & Marriage Love & Marriage

Random Love Notes...

Posted by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
  • 3 Replies

So, my hubbub and I do this thing called "Random Love Notes".  We have a dry-erase marker in the bathroom, a dry-erase board/marker in the kitchen, and a dry-erase marker in the bedroom.  

Whether it's on the full length mirror in the bedroom, on the bathroom mirror, or on the fridge- we try to leave each other little notes of friendship or love or encouragement a few times a week.

I love doing this.  There are some days that we don't get to see each other for very long before one of us has to run off somewhere, and it's always a fun surprise to see a new note waiting to be read.  It's also wonderful when I'm having a horrible day and could use his hugs, but he's at work. Reading one of his messages creates almost the same (just not as good!) feeling as one of his hugs. 

While this is so much fun and we both really enjoy it, I really hate erasing some of the messages.  In fact, the bedroom mirror is currently out of comission (love note wise) because I won't allow him or myself to erase the last note he left me on there. It was so incredibly sweet, complimentary, and thoughtful that I just can't bring myself to erase it. 

Therefore, when he comes home tonight, he will see the new binder full of paper sitting next to his laptop, titled: Random Love Notes. 
I just thought it'd be a cute way to keep up with the love notes, but be able to save them forever and ever :D

I know, technically we're newly weds (September 1, 2012) and people will go ahead and say "Sure, that's cute now, but it won't be in X amount of years!", but so far we've been keeping up with it for 4 years- and happily. I've even said we can stop doing them if it's annoying and he has asked me not to.

In a way it reminds me of being in high school- and having that one notebook you pass back and forth with your best friend with all of your notes.  I still get to share a notebook with my best friend :)

**But!!!- don't get me wrong, this doesn't take the place of our actual conversations...just adds a little something to each of our days.

I just thought I'd share, because I believe it's something that keeps our relationship fun and romantic. Even if we're arguing...there's a love note lingering around every corner that doesn't allow us to run away from each other. If anything, it gets us over our silly fights and to making up a lot quicker. :D

by on May. 16, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MomToovey
by Marianne on May. 16, 2013 at 11:18 PM
1 mom liked this

I leave notes for my DH all the time :)

Anryan
by Platinum Member on May. 16, 2013 at 11:45 PM
1 mom liked this

We have a dry erase marker in our bathroom too and we each have our own colors so we know who they are addressed to (very important in a poly household lol).

i also put notes in my guys lunches every day too...It's cute because on the rare occassion i forget they get all upset and think i am mad at them lol.

Anryan,

Wife to.....

David    and   Irish

jesuschild06
by on May. 17, 2013 at 12:16 AM
1 mom liked this
we have never done "love notes" but we send "love texts" pretty often. I absolutely love it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN